Liar

"We thought the fire took you."Lunar says.

"The fire took my skin."Moon says, lifting his arm to show burn scars.

"Who did this to you, moon? Who took your wings?"

Moon, Fritz, glances over at Katherine.

"Where is the dark prince?"Fritz asks.

"I was told the dark prince had returned."

"He has. He's currently on a mission."Lunar says.

"And the light?"fritz asks, causing lunar to huff.

"The light died many years ago, moon. Please, just tell me who took your wings. Maybe we-"

"My wings are gone, lunar. There is no getting them back."

Lunar's face saddens and he looks over at Stephen.

"The dark prince can give you new ones."

This makes moon instantly look up towards Lunar.

"What?"he asks.

"When Kit returns, he will grow your wings back."Lunar says.

Fritz looks at Katherine and Stephen, conflicted about his mission and wanting to please his master.

Then he looks back at Lunar.

"Really?"he questions.

Lunar nods.

"You can stay, brother. You can come home. We've missed you here, look I've even procreated."Lunar says, stepping aside and showing his two daughters to moon.

"Hello uncle! We've heard much about you!"the older one says.

The younger one laughs before prancing over and embracing moon in a tight hug.

Moons lips begin to quiver as he wraps his arms around the small girl.

He sighs, disappointed in himself as the hug breaks.

"...i-i want to stay, Lunar. But I can't."

A number of gasps break out in the crowd and Moon stands.

"Why? Please, I thought you were gone forever moon."Lunar says.

Tears begin to drip from his eyes and he looks down.

"I've betrayed the tree."

.....

Katherine

Suddenly more fairies begin gasping, some of them even shouting and throwing things at moon.

"..brother what do you mean?"Lunar asks.

Moon sighs before reaching into his back pocket, pulling out a folded sheet of paper. He unfolds it and then holds it up, showing everyone.

I gasp as I see a photo of Stephen and I.

"What the hell?"Stephen says, taking my hand and stepping away.

"I came here with the man who took my wings. He has been using me to track the movement of the dark prince. He sent me here, looking for this woman and this man."Moon says, watching the offended look on Lunar's face grow.

"...i-i was supposed to bring the girl to him. She would draw the doctor and the prince to us."he says before sobbing softly.

"Forgive me brother. But I too have a daughter, with a human woman."

Shouting erupts from the crowd, and Lunar looks down at his brother.

The crowd shouts profanities at moon, calling him a bastard, or something that translates to "tainted fairy" in their language.

"Where is it."Lunar asks.

"...I don't know. He's taken her from me. I-i haven't seen her in months. I only get to call her once a week."Moon says.

Lunar huffs, turning towards the crowd that was shouting, and throwing things towards moon.

"SILENCE!"

Instantaneous silence.

"Like it or not. That child has blood of a royal. As does my brother, wings or not."

I look up at Stephen, who was looking to the sky as it grew darker.

"Come on kit."he says softly, causing me to look up as well.

"He mated with a human!"one fairy yells.

"He's tainted the royal bloodline!"

"He's created another Enoch!"

"My daughter is NOTHING like Enoch!"Moon screams.

"She's kind, and thoughtful! Accepting unlike you! She deserves to be with her family and brother I will not return to this place without her!"Moon yells.

It brings a tear to my eye, I know he was here for us but the emotions on his face tell a different story of why he was here.

His daughter.

Lunar looks down, clenching his jaw.

"When Kit returns, he will gift you wings. And then, you will kill the human who took them before. Once you've done that, I will use my power to find your daughter."Lunar says.

Moon releases a shakey breath.

"..Brother i-"

Lunar cuts him off by pointing a menacing claw at him.

"You came here to betray us. Do not call me brother."

He then walks away, and I look up at Stephen who was clinging to me for dear life.

"Stephen, I don't think he's going to come after us anymore."I say softly.

"I'll have to be the judge of that. Come on, let's get somewhere safe."