Fly

The 3 of them sit silently at the dinner table.

Kit chows down on his platter of raw meats, as Dr. James and Katherine eat a dinner of pasta and salad.

"Elbows, Kit."Stephen says.

Kit instantly removes his elbows from the table.

"How did he get so we'll mannered?"Katherine asks.

"I had to teach him, in case he ever decides to make the big snip. Join the human world."Stephen says.

Kit let's out a series of grunts, and chirps.

"Of course I know you'd never do that."Stephen responds.

"How is it that you can understand him?"Katherine asks, intrigued.

"Oh, um. A lot of pain."he folds his ear downward, showcasing a large claw made scar behind his ear, most likely from kit.

"My god."I say.

"You can't ever really learn earth speak. It's a power only a dark fairy can gift. Look."He points to one of kits claws as he eats, leaking some sore of dirt brown liquid.

"Venom. A slash with intention, dead in 3 minutes. But, put it in the right place."he taps the scar behind his ear.

"You get a sixth sense. His little clicks, and chirps translate into full sentences in my head. It's incredible."he explains.

"Wow."Katherine says, even more intrigued.

Kit tweets, and chirps excitedly, his wings flapping behind him.

"Absolutely not. We need to stay hidden. The bad guys are looking extra hard for us kit."Stephen says.

Kit chirps twice, and then vanishes into thin air, making Katherine jump.

He then reapers with a wide smile, and a few more animalistic sounds.

"What about the radar, kit?"Stephen argues.

"What does he want?"Katherine asks.

"He wants to fly you around, as a thank you."Stephen huffs.

"That would be grand love, but I suggest you listen to your father."I smile, making kit let out a few disappointed clicks.

"Maybe later this weak, when it's not so hot."Stephen says.

Kit lets out an annoyed purr, picking at his food.

"I know, alright. But how do you think they found you last time?"Stephen asks.

Kit glances up at the now healed scar in his wings and then huffs, looking back down at his food.

Then he looks back up at his wing, and gives it a little shake.

Dust falls from it.

Kit then looks at his father and let's out a series of clicks, and grunts.

"A bath? You want a bath?"Stephen asks, surprised.

"Not a bathing kind of man?"Katherine asks.

"Not at all. But any excuse to give him a bath. Is there a hose out back?"he asks, wincing as he stands.

"Yes, I'll show you."

.....

The group had migrated to the fenced in back yard, and kit covers his body with his wings as his father sprays him down with the hose.

Kit squeals, thoroughly not enjoying his bath.

"Come on, you asked for the bath!"Stephen says.

Katherine chuckles, coming out of the house with her god sons baby shampoo and body wash.

"Open up kit."Katherine asks politely.

Kit opens his wings just narrow enough for Katherine to slip in, and when Stephen tries to enter her fwips his wings closed again.

"Come on!"Stephen says.

Katherine chuckles as she sees kit visibly upset, his arms crossed and his hair wet.

"Oh, you poor thing."She chuckles.

She dumps the shampoo into her hand, only a small amount, and begins to lather it into his hair.

He purrs in contempt.

"There we go, not so bad."She smiles.

"He's mad at me for giving him the bath he asked for."Stephen scoffs.

"Maybe he was asking me to bathe him."Katherine chuckles.

"I guess that makes sense, you being a woman and all."Stephen says as Katherine slowly rinses the shampoo out of his hair.

Then, she begins to notice Kits wings slowly opening.

"Stephen."she says, turning around.

"I'm just saying, he's never had a woman bathe him, he's all for new experiences."Stephen shrugs as he walks over to turn the hose off.

"U-um, Stephen, Kit is-"Stephen cuts her off.

"He's a growing boy, of course he gets urges."

Kits wings were now fully extended.

"Oooohhh boy."Katherine says nervously.

"He's gonna-KIT NO."Stephen shouts.

Suddenly, Kit grabs Katherine and flaps his large wings, taking flight and sending his father flying down into the mud.

Katherine screams, holding on to kit for dear life as he begins to spin, spiraling upwards, and only stopping to flap his wings more aggressively, taking her up into the clouds.

"OH MY GOD! AAAHHH!"Katherine screams, holding onto Kits neck as he carries her bridal style.

Once they're so high, they break through the cloud line and can stare dead on into the moon, kit stops, extending his wings and letting the wind flow through them, hovering.

Katherine catches her breath, looking around at the beautiful sight, the stars so close she could almost touch them, and the moon was so large it was almost blinding.

"Oh..my.....wow.."Katherine says in awe.

She looks up at Kit's face. His eyes were closed, and he was breathing deeply, as if he's taking in the beauty, and relaxing. He feels at home.

Katherine's pov

He opens his eyes, and then looks down at me. His dark eyes sparkle in the moonlight.

His wings flap again, and we make a downwards movement. I scream as he dives down, his wings folding themselves backwards.

His wings come open just as we almost hit a body of water. I laughs as my hand comes down, and it skims across the water.

He wipes on a sharp tooth smile, flying upwards and doing a spiral. I hold onto him tighter as he does a deadfall backwards holding me against his chest.

I laugh as I feel us plunge into the water. We fly out if the water almost as soon as we hit it. I was shocked, I was having the most fun I've ever had.

.....

Kit chirps as he relaxes. He had brought us to a cliff, way above the cloud line.

"You know how mad your dad's gonna be, right?"I say.

He lets out a few chirps, as if he wasn't bothered.

"We should be heading back soon."I say.

He groans as if he doesn't want to.

"I can practically feel his anger fuming from here, kit."I say.

He huffs, and nods.