Crossroads Carnival

I sat on the steps of the Monastery, sketching as Arin and Nadine were doing stretches with Riyu.

Sora walked out and yawned "Why are we training way up here? We're becoming Ninja to help people. Shouldn't we be around people?"

"You know, like, in the Crossroads?"

Arin looked at her. "You just wanna go to the Crossroads Carnival, don't you?" He asked.

"Well, duh!" Sora replied. "Don't you? We've never, ever missed one" she pulled out a poster.

"True.." He stood "And I was determined to win the Pie Baking Contest this year. Grab-Barg wins every time. I've been perfecting my recipe all year."

Nadine gasped "Then we should go! It'll be fun!"

I closed my sketchbook and looked at them, I cleared my throat. "Aah!" Arin looked "Oh, A-Asteria."

"What is this...Crossroads Carnival?" I asked. They approached me and Sora explained. "It's a carnival where everyone from the combined lands celebrates their traditions. There's a ton of food and games and a huge fireworks show by this fireworks genius named Dorama."

Arin added "Plus, a pie-baking competition. It's super fun!"

I smiled "It sounds great. Why don't we all go together?"

Lloyd stepped outside "No."

We looked and I raised an eyebrow. Lloyd sat next to me "It does sound fun, but it is a distraction from training."

I frowned.

Sora asked "What are we even supposed to train on? There's nothing here."

Lloyd took out his staff "To become a Ninja, you must see potential where others do not." He pressed the button on the ground with the staff and the middle part of the ground started to descend.

It then stopped.

"What?" Lloyd groaned. "This always worked when Master Wu did it! Oh, it's a whole big, impressive reveal!"

I laughed softly "A bit uptight there, Master Lloyd." I teased.

He glared and jumped down below "Hm...Maybe if I.." He paused as he hit his foot on the ground and the training course came up.

I looked as Lloyd was standing on a hoop "The training course!"

"Oh, and one more thing" he flipped and landed next time. He faced the three "You must complete the course before I finish my tea."

He took a sip but spit the tea out. He groaned "Uhg, I burnt the tea."

I glared "I'm very disappointed in you. Did you leave it to roast for too long?"

He sighed "Yes..."

I shook my head "I'll make you another one. Give it here." I held my hand out and he gave the cup to me. I walked inside as the three talked.

I entered the kitchen and poured out the burnt tea.

After I finished making new tea, I exited to the courtyard and sat next to Lloyd, handing him his tea. "Here you are."