Escape

I had a chain ball on my right leg to keep me from getting away, my teared wing had already healed as I mopped the deck of Misfortune's Keep.

"Looks like you missed a spot" Nadakhan said and knocked over the water bucket with his sword. I growled slightly and glanced at him "I'm not gonna say it."

"Say what? That you can wish it all away? You've already made your first wish. Just wish for another..." Nadakahan said. "My friends will come for me..." I growled.

"I hope so. The more of you my Djinn blade collects the stronger I become. Creating a world from scratch takes a lot of hard work. Djiinjago would get done a lot sooner if everyone pitches in. If you know what I mean..." Nadakhan smirked at me.

I hissed at him and turned away while mopping the deck. "If I didn't have this vengestone ball and chain I would gladly fire you off this ship."

Nadakhan put a hand on his chin "Hm. I can see why she likes you...You're stronger than you appear, but I know it's all an act. Deep down you're scared. You know you're weak. That's why you didn't do anything when she fell for your brother, why you can't do anything when she falls for me."

He smirked "No one could love somebody like you...Someone so dark as you."

My eyes narrowed and I hissed.

Nadakhan smirked as he looked at Flintlocke. "When she's done swabbing the deck, make sure she swabs the entire hull."

"The bottom of the ship captain?" Flinlocke asked.

~~~

I was at the very top deck scrubbing the floor as Clancee talked to me "And before we each met Nadakhan we were castaways. One way or another he brought us together and made us whole."

"Take D-Dogshank for instance. It's not easy being the second prettiest girl at the b-ball. She wished to stand out, inevitably she did but it ain't for being pretty."

"Oh, then there's Doubloon. A two-faced thief caught trying to steal N-Nadakhan's gold. He tried wishing his way out of his sentence but cap was so impressed with his agility, he went ahead and actually made him two-faced" Clancee chuckled and continued.

"Oh, then Monkey Wretch wasn't always a monkey but always a headache. Wished to be the greatest mechanic of his kind. Too bad for him that kind was the mechanized primate variety." He said and I glanced over at Flintlocke and Doubloon who were at a box that had a map, quill, the lantern and a bottle.

"If I could get a message to the others, they'll know I'm safe. I need to try." I thought and heard Clancee speak again so I looked at him.

"But I never made a wish. No, no, no. Not I, heh. Couldn't think of anything to w-wish for even if I tried. Got everything I need right here never fit in with the rest of the Serpentine, so I'm happy enough to have a family" he said and I glanced back over at Flintlocke and Doubloon as they went to the lower deck.

I groaned and acted as if my back hurt. "Agh, ow...My back." I groaned and felt it.

"Oh that's it. If only I could wish this pain away." I groaned and Clancee gasped. "J-Just hold on. Captain! Captain you need to come here! We broke her! We finally broke her!" He exclaimed and left to the lower deck.