Imperium

I stood next to Lloyd as we were in a junkyard, fighting off the Imperium drones. Once the all of us got rid of them, the Dragon was freed and it roared.

Sora jumped out of her mech and approached the Dragon, petting its snout, "Shh, it's gonna be okay."

I heard a mechanical sound and we all turned, a hologram of some sort landing on the ground and charging towards us. The fire ninja smirked and crossed his arms, "It's just a hologram."

"No. It's not." Sora gasped. We all jumped out of the way and Kai harshly got hit back. All of us charged at it, trying to send out powers at it but they would just bounce off.

My eyes narrowed. This thing was invulnerable to our attacks. I followed the others as we ran away from whatever it was. "What even is it?" Arin asked as we ran. Sora looked over, "It's a Photac. A digital generated weaponized techno beast comprised of hard light."

I raised an eyebrow at the kid, "How do you know that?" I ask. "Because when I lived in Imperium...I invented it."

"...What?"

~~~

We hid behind a dumpster pile as the Photac was searching for us. It roared and the car on top was starting to fall towards us. We jumped out of the way, the Photac now seeing us.

Arin spoke, "We can fight it if we stick together. Come on!"

I followed the others as we ran towards the Photac and it charged towards us, we slid under it and turned towards the Photac. It roared and charged again, Kai sent his fire at it but it just bounced off.

I noticed the Dragon being taken away and my eyes widened, Sora yelled "No!" As it was taken away and the Photac followed.

Raptan laughed and I gritted my teeth. I hissed and charged towards him but he sent a missile off his airship. I tried to stop in time but the missile hit my stomach. I was sent on my back and the others gasped.

Nadine ran over, "Mom! Hey, are you okay?!" She kneeled down to me and wrapped her arms around my body. "I'm fine, I'm fine." I reassured and took in a deep breath, healing the wound on my stomach. I sighed.

I looked up and saw Raptan was gone. Kai groaned, "Great. Now what do we do?"

"I don't know about we...But I know what I've gotta do" Sora said. "I created that thing" she pulled her hood down. "I have to be the one to destroy it."

"But...How?" Arin asked. She turned to him, "I have to go back to Imperium."

~~~

I walked down the hall with Lloyd and Kai as Riyu and Nadine took off towards Arin and Sora's room. I could hear Arin talking to Sora, "Ever since the Merge, it's been you and me...and Riyu and Nadine. We stick together."

Nadine spoke, "Yeah. We're coming to Imperium with you."

We stepped into the doorway and Lloyd spoke, "I do not feel good about this. The three of you are still training. Who knows what you are going to run into in Imperium?"

"We can do this Lloyd" Arin protested. "You punched yourself in the face this morning." Lloyd replied. I covered my mouth, uttering a snicker and Kai laughed aloud.