Asteria

I helped stack a shop keeper's boxes and was payed for the help. I bowed to him for the thanks and walked off. I sighed and looked down at the money I currently had...

Another kid, probably 12 or younger bumped into me.

"Uhg!" We both groaned and fell on our backs. I sat up and rubbed my head with my black mask over my face. "Oh I'm so sorry!"

I looked at the girl, she was my age. Maybe a year younger or so. She had freckles, messy brown hair and wore blue clothes. She held her hand out and I slowly took it as she helped me up. I noticed an older couple approach "Oh Jayla! Are you okay? And who's this young girl?"

"Um..." I looked at the two. "I'm..." I pulled out my blue gem necklace and looked at the back.

"A-Asteria. I'm Asteria."

I looked back up at the couple and pulled down my mask. The lady gasped "Oh dear, you're such a mess...I'm Edna, this is my husband Ed and our daughter Jayla. Why don't we take you home for some food and rest?"

I nod "O-Okay."

~~~

I awoken from my dream and sat up. I sighed and brushed my dark skin hand through my messy black hair. My golden eyes shimmered in the light. I got up for the day and went to get ready.

Another one of those dreams it seems...

After I got in casual clothes I headed out to the mountain village.

~~~

I stacked boxes outside of a stall when the sounds of laughter could be heard nearby.

That didn't sound sinister at all.

Quickly finishing up the work and getting paid I headed down the alleyway to investigate.

The crowd of people of all ages stared up at a young hooded boy that hung from a sign by his cape. His clothes covered in food that had been pelted in his direction.

Four colorful figures stood out in the middle of the crowd. Laughing at the child and eating candy right in front of him.

I frowned underneath my mask climbing onto a trashcan using that as a leverage. I jumped up stepping across people's heads including the four bullies.

Pulling myself onto the roof I kneeled before the kid as I pulled him off the sign.

"What the?! Ow!" The blue robed guy exclaimed as he rubbed his head in pain.

"Agh! You stepped on my head!" The red robed guy exclaimed as he fixed his rather spiky brown hair.

"Hey! Why are you letting him go?" The black robed one asked with a glare.

I didn't reply with my back to them I tended to the hooded child with teary eyes.

I patted down his clothes throwing the food off in an effort to clean him.

"Hey I was talking to you! Do you have cotton in your ears?" The same guy asked again grabbing my shoulder to get my attention.