Ninjago City

As I followed Zane out of the hatch I heard Maya speaking. "Don't give up, Nya. Zane and Asteria will get the controls fixed. There's hope."

"There is no hope" Zane spoke as we climbed out the hatch. I sighed "The controls are beyond repair."

"So we're stranded..." Cole frowned. Benthomaar asked "Can you not use your Elemental Powers to summon the whales? They could easily pull this vessel behind them."

Nya raised an eyebrow "Summon whales? No, I can't do that."

"But you are named Nya."

"Yeah?"

"The first Elemental Master of Water. Nyad." Benthomaar said. "Surely you know the tale of Nyad?"

I spoke. "I do. My father told me about it before...He's into books so he came across it one day, telling me all about it. Or, what the stories said."

Maya spoke "But it's just a children's story..."

Benthomaar shook his head "It is true. Nyad helped defeat the serpent Wojira. She leapt onto the serpent's head with nothing but a broken trident-"

"Benthomaar, I can't summon whales" Nya said. She smiled nervously "I can only control water. And right now, not even that."

Maya spoke "She's right. I was the Elemental Master of Water before her, I would know if something like that was possible."

"Have you ever tried?" Benthomaar asked.

"Well...No" Nya replied.

"Then how do you know?" Benthomaar asked. Nya was quiet as she stared out into the sea.

~~~

We watched Nya from the shore as she stood in the water, fish were starting to surround her. "Uh.." She looked behind her, at us "What do I do now?"

"Whatever you're doing, it's working" Maya smiled. "Try again!"

Nya nodded and went back to focusing on summoning whales.

~~~

I called to Nya. "How's it going?"

"Not very well..." Nya replied. "There's just a lot of little fish! And they're too small to pull the sub, and we're stuck here, and it's all my fault!"

She put her face in the water as she screamed. She stood back up. I frowned "It isn't your fault, Nya."

She turned to my direction "How is it not my fault? If I hadn't come along, Calamari would have never found this place-" she continued speaking but didn't notice she had summoned whales.

"Nya!" I said to grab her attention. "Look!" I pointed.

She looked and gasped, seeing the whales. We all cheered, glad we're going to make it out of here. Lloyd hugged me and I smiled while returning the hug.

"Ninjago City, here we come!" Cole said.

~~~

"Long before time had a name, the First Spinjitzu Master arrived on our world, a mere child, to find a wolves engulfed in chaos."