The Temple

We were currently with a female tour guide leading us and the children at Sensei Yang's haunted temple. I was too distracted to focus though, I was looking through the scroll I had found at Stiix, I was curious...What is this about Dragons? What other abilities do I possess?

Could I find out who my parents were?

I was so distracted that I didn't hear my brother calling me.

"Asteria!" Jay said and I flinched a bit, I turned to him. "What?" I ask and put the scroll back in my satchel.

"We're planning on sneaking back here at night. You okay with the plan?" He asks. I nod "Yeah. Let's wait first."

~~~

It was around night, the five of us snuck back at the temple and I walked to the door with Zane and Kai. Jay and Cole tried to get through the window.

I stared and opened the front door as I walked inside with Zane and Kai.

We soon found a room and I opened the door, walking inside with the others. "Hm..." I muttered as I looked around "Aah!" Cole exclaimed and I looked, seeing a spider and I raised an eyebrow.

"Relax Cole-" Kai said and I walked over to the spider, gently picking it up. "How can I relax when we have to be out by sunrise until we turn into ghosts?!" Cole said and I raised an eyebrow "What?" I asked.

Kai scoffed "Please...that tour guide was just messing with you." He said. I gently pet the spider "Asteria, how are you so calm with petting that thing...?" Jay asked me as he was staying away. "Oh come on, it's not that scary" I said and Iris slithered down to my wrist, booping noses with the spider.

I set the spider down, watching it crawl away.

Zane walked over and yelled "Listen to this!"

I flinched a bit "Ow- ok, hand me that" I said and gently took the book from Zane, I read through it and my eyes widened "Woah..." I said. "What is it?" Kai asked and I spoke "It says that though many believed Sensei Yang's unusually strict teachings drove his pupils away, others admit to never seeing any of them leave the temple grounds, suggesting a more sinister plot" I said and my eyes shined from how interesting it sounded.

"Uh...that's disturbing..." Cole said.

I continued to read "Yang was hard on his pupils for a reason, for in his words 'as iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student'" I said and then looked at the others.

"What do you think it means?" Jay asked and I shrugged "Not sure..." I said.

The pendulum clock beside us starting to make a noise, like someone loudly groaning. "What the-" I said and stood back with the others. "Aah! He's in the clock!" Cole said as he slightly clung to Zane, I looked at Jay and he whispered to me, I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, you're the leader...go check it out." Kai said, acting scared.

Cole looked at the pendulum clock and walked towards it nervously, he opened it and Zane's falcon suddenly flew out. Cole shrieked and I had to stifle a laugh as the other three were bursting of laughter.

"Ugh, really!?" Cole yelled at us, Kai laughed "Oh come on, loosen up!"

There was a sudden thud, I looked around confused. "Really? Another prank?" Cole asked and sighed as he left the room.