Resurgence

The elevator let out a soft ding as the doors opened in front of me. I left the small space holding two paper cups filled with warm beverages. I had my hair in dreads and up in a bun.

I've changed over the many time has passed. My black hair has grown close to my middleback. I also grown to six two during the time that has passed.

"Good Morning Cyrus" I greeted my boss as he sat at his desk. He perked up when he heard my voice. He was fiddling with his hands worryingly staring at one of the security cameras.

"Good morning Asteria, I hope you slept well" he smiled softly as I placed one of the cups on his desk.

"Chamomile tea to relieve stress" I told him before sipping my own cup.

"Right, thank you" he sighed taking a sip of the tea.

"Miss Asteria, the field trip request for your friend's academy has been approved. The schedule has been cleared for their tour" Pixal spoke up to inform me.

"Thank you Pixal, I can go fetch them myself" I smiled at her "You also don't have to call me miss if you don't want to Pix."

"Right. Forgive me, I will take note of that" she replied coldly slowly nodding.

Scout perked up from his spot on the floor next to Indie as they both were relaxing.

I turned back to Cyrus as he stared at his cup, knowing we both were being watched very intently. "Take a deep breath my friend. I'll make sure they receive the statue myself if needed" I reassured the genius with a small wink.

~~~

I leaned against my motorcycle outside as I called my brother's number and put the phone to my ear.

I waited and he soon picked it up "...Hello?"

"Hey Jay, it's been a while" I spoke with the same warmth in my voice.

"Yeah it has" he let out a nervous chuckle "Where have you been?"

"I've been working in New Ninjago city for the most part" I replied "Are the others with you? Everyone doing well?"

"We're alright Asteria" I heard Nya's voice and a gentle smile formed on my face as I heard her and the others greet me over the call.

"Hey guys" I greeted everyone before my voice faltered sighing "I'm sorry for leaving out of the blue like that..."

"I want to apologize in person" I spoke sincerely as a small pang of guilt washed over me.

"You can buy us dinner when we see you again" Cole replied.

"Pick a place and I'll pay" I chuckled before informing them "So you guys are teachers now? Your field trip request at Borg Industries has been approved."

"Yes we are. Wait- how do you know about that?" Kai questioned.

"Borg Industries?!" Jay gasped enthusiastically and I softly chuckled at his excitement.

"I work there and I pulled some strings" I replied hiding my amusement from hearing Jay's fangirling in the background. "Anyways, we can head over today if you'd like. I'll be your escort through New Ninjago City" I continued.