The Great Devourer

The Destiny's Bounty lurched rocking from each side as it flew through the storm. Rain poured down on the vessel as lighting boomed illuminating the dark sky.

I sat on the floor of the dining room next to the open door. Half inside the warm dry room, other half outside embracing the chilling wind. Scout was laying down in the dry room at Jay's feet.

"Uh Asteria you know you can come in right?" Kai asked as the fangblades were laid out on the long table.

Resting my head on the doorway I replied "Yeah..I'll be fine. I enjoy rain" I told him.

"If you say so.." he said.

"Anyways, why is Torchfire Mountain the only place we can destroy the Fangblades?" Nya asked aloud and I listened to the conversation.

"The Fangblades are made from the original teeth from the Devourer. They're so strong they can only break down in extraordinary heat" Kai explained to her.

"Can someone pass the salt?" Jay asked and I looked behind me to see what was going on. Jay was currently eating his sandwich.

Another boom lurched the boat to the side. The table salt slid down the tilted table landing right into his grasp.

"Hey thanks" he smiled and sprinkled the condiment over his sandwich, I sweat slightly and turned back to the rain and thunder.

Cole slid into the room leaning on the doorway where I sat. "Please, no one talk about food..." he groaned unsteadily as he lurched to the side along with the ship. "How much longer until we get there?" He asked trying to grab hold of the doorway.

"Not long" Jay replied "Hey Cole you're looking a little green there, how'd you like a mucus salt sandwich?" He held up his sandwich and Cole turned more green.

He gagged covering his face as he ran over to the edge of the ship throwing up the contents of his stomach. Getting up from my spot I stood at his side patting his back since he was sickly.

I gently rubbed circles into his back reassuringly "It's alright...you'll feel better afterwards." I told him

"Ugh..." he groaned.

"Why don't we get you some water and have you lie down for a bit?" I asked Cole, he nods and we both departed to the kitchen.

~~~

"Thats better" Cole gasped after taking a sip of water to get the bile taste out of his mouth. "The motion sickness finally faded away" he smiled.

"Told you" I replied taking his empty glass and putting it in the sink.

"Will everyone please place their seats back and tray table in the full upright and locked position? We have reached our destination: Torchfire Mountain" Nya's voice rang over the speaker. "Give it a minute while we settle into position."

"Time to get in position" Cole said and smiled as he stood. "Yeah. I'm gonna go get Lloyd" I told Cole and we went separate ways.

I walked through the empty halls "..." I looked around, wondering where Lloyd could be.

"Pythor's on board!" Lloyd's voice sounded over the intercom.