The Signal

I stretched softly as I walked in the kitchen with Nya, I saw Maya cooking at the stove as I sat at the island table.

"You made breakfast?" Nya asked her mother. "Of course I made breakfast!" Maya smiled "It's the most important meal of the day."

"If we're going to get you back in shape and fix your life, you're going to need your strength."

Nya took a seat as her eyes narrowed at Maya "My life does not need fixing, mother!"

I gently put a hand on her shoulder, she sighed. Maya approached "That's not what Kai and Asteria says. They're saying your powers are going haywire and you can't control water anymore. Personally, I never had that problem when I was Master of Water.."

"But never fear! We'll figure it out together."

Nya shot a glare at me, I rubbed the back of my head nervously. Maya set two plates of food on the table and I looked at my plate.

I started to eat the green pancakes, they didn't taste half bad.

"Um.." Nya stared at the green bacon. "Why is the bacon green?"

Maya gently laughed "That's not bacon, silly. It's seaweed."

"..Seaweed?" Nya groaned. Maya smiled "Goes great with Tofu pancakes, even Asteria enjoys them."

~~~

I went with Pixal on a mission, it was a water rescue so we didn't tell Nya. I flew in the air in my Dragon form as Pixal controlled her Samurai X suit.

She spoke. "I cannot help but feel a little badly that we did not include Nya on this mission."

I sighed "I agree..But it would be dangerous. She's unable to control her powers and if she lost control again, people will be in danger."

Pixal gasped "Do you mean that as well?" She pointed ahead and there was octopus tentacles starting to wrap around the fishing boat as people called for help.

"I don't understand. Octopuses are peaceful creatures" I said. "I will attempt to calm it down. Something has clearly agitated it" Pixal said and she was grabbed.

"Pixal!" I shouted. "I am fine" she reassured "Please attend to the sailors while I attempt to reason with the creature."

I nod and flew over to the sailors in the water as I breathed out ice mist, a ice platform appearing below the sailors and they cheered. I sensed a source of power and looked as it was coming our way.

It hit Pixal's Samurai X suit and it turned off as she fell in the water with the octopus. My eyes widen "Pixal!"

I dove underwater and followed after Pixal and the octopus, I saw it let her go but she was sinking into the water.

I caught up to her and grabbed her Samurai X suit "Pixal, can you eject?" I asked.

"I have lost all power" she spoke.

"Slam your hand down on it, it will help!" I advised, Pixal did as I said and the power returned to her Samurai X suit.

"Hm, that's better" she said and I sighed. "Let's go then."

I flew up to the surface and into the air with Pixal, I looked at her "You really worried me."

"My apologies, Asteria. But I am also worried..What was that?" She asked. I thought about it "I believe it was some kind of energy signal...Or maybe a pulse. Can you try to triangulate its source?"

"Of course" Pixal said and started to press buttons in her suit. "Whatever it was, it appears to originate from out at sea. Deep below the surface, if I am not mistaken."

I flew down and got in the ocean water as the three sailors got on my back "The energy pulse must be what affected the octopus. It may also be affecting Nya's powers."

"Then we must warn the others" Pixal said, I nod and my wings flapped as I flew out of the ocean water.

~~~

As we were using the elevator, I heard Nya speak from the livingroom. "I don't know what's going on with me, but all of this is my fault."

The elevator doors open and Pixal spoke "I do not believe that is true." She approached the others and I followed.

"What do you mean?" Wu asked.

"Pixal and I believe that an unexplained energy signal from the deep ocean is responsible for the fluctuations in Nya's powers."

"What energy signal?" Lloyd asked. "A pulse. Of unknown origins. It appears to originate here" Pixal said and her eyes glowed as a hologram appeared of where the signal was.

"In the Tartarus Trench. It is the deepest known point in the ocean."

Wu raised an eyebrow "Didn't you build a submersible capable of deep sea exploration a number of years ago?" He asked us.

I nod "We did. What was it called again?" I looked at Pixal. "The Hydro-Bounty. But it was never fully tested."

Wu spoke "It's about to be" he looked around at the others "You're going diving."