Follow The Wind

Riding through the night, the stars and scenarios blurred as I raced to the area marked on my map. My frantic heartbeat overshadowed by the loud hum of the motorcycle's engine.

No matter how fast I revved on the gas, I wasn't going as fast as I wanted. It was as though I was trapped in an endless dream. Desperately trying to move forward yet stuck in place.

I wish it was a dream. So, I could wake up from this "fake" reality and find everything and everyone in their usual routines. Jay and I playing video games or training on the destiny's bounty, hanging out or working on their hobbies.

Lastly, Lloyd laughing or hanging out with us. Not possessed against his will.

All in all, I'd rather wake up to a vastly different reality compared to the current one my mind conjured when I received the Bounty's distress signal.

The image of the Bounty's wreckage with pieces strewn about the scene came to mind. My friends amidst the wreckage- No, don't think about it. They're alright. They have to be. Please.

Engulfed by this narrow-headed fear and urgency to find my friends and brother, I didn't even notice the passing cycle of night to day and the change in scenery from road to forest.

From a distance, I was able to make out the red paint of the Destiny's Bounty's stern tilted upward. My breathing grew frantic as the bike sped up.

More of the crashed ship came into view causing me to anticipate what I was to find.

The motorcycle only started to slow down when I was close enough to see figures standing by the hull of the ship near a campfire.

My motorcycle came to a complete halt just outside the camp. I didn't immediately move as my eyes gazed at the occupants of the camp, quickly counting and making sure not a single head is missing.

Someone called my name, but it fell on deaf ears.

It was only after everyone was accounted for that relief washed over me and I remembered how to breathe. My shoulders relaxed as a small, relieved smile broke out onto my face.

Despite this, my heart still pounded with adrenaline as I stood and dismounted from my motorcycle, my limbs trembling in the process.

I stumbled forward, almost tripping over my feet in the process as I practically crashed into the first figure closest to me. Tears pricked in my eyes as I pratically crashed into my friends and brother pulling as many of them into a tight embrace.

It was a short-lived embrace, with me pulling out to look at everyone. Those I clung to consisted of Kai, Jay, Cole, Zane and Nya while the others consisting of Dareth, Sensei Wu and Misako were much farther away, watching the exchange with varying levels of concern.

"You're all okay..." I mutter under my breath as a shaky sigh escaped my lips. I cupped my brother's face, checking to see if he had any injuries but he was okay.

I sighed and let go. My eyes flicker from those in the back to my friends in front of me. "I-I saw Lloyd. But something is wrong with him. He's being possessed by a ghost called Morro" I stuttered out, the words spilling from my mouth before I could even process them. I looked to my friends completely lost as I speak, my hands trembling as they move while I speak. "I saw the distress signal late, and he said I'd find you guys at the bottom of a mountain- I'm sorry I wasn't here e-"