Off The Island

"Sink the ferry. No one's getting off this island!" Jay shouted after they popped the blimp a moment ago.

Bolobo graciously used his power over nature to summon vines from the ocean. They heaved and pulled at the boat, crushing the wood as the structure was pulled under the waves.

Pulling my lips into a tight frown, I shook my head in displeasure. "Now we don't have a way off the island" I thought with my arms crossed.

Just moments prior, I explicitly advised to NOT sink the ferry. I sighed as I looked around but didn't see Dareth. "Hey, where's Dareth?" I questioned and Kai turned to me.

"Torturing the cultists" he answered and gestured over to the captured criminals.

There I saw the brown ninja simply enjoying his tunes with a battery operated radio. Singing and dancing while the cultists were forced to be his audience.

"Hm..." I muttered. Iris tilted her head while coiled around my neck.

"The palace and sleeping quarters are all clear. Still no sign of Chen and Clouse" Cole reported.

"What about Skylor?" Kai asked about the Master of Amber.

This piqued my interest. What about her? Now that Kai mentioned it, where is she? I haven't seen her since taking over the mansion.

"She wasn't able to pick her family, but she was able to pick her friends" Lloyd said while him and Jay comforted the fire ninja "And since you're her friend, that means so are we. We'll find her."

"He's right. With no way off the island, it'll only be a matter of time" Cole smiled triumphantly.

My eyes widened slightly. Only now realizing that she was taken. Amidst the victory, the master of Amber managed to slip past my protection.

"I'm proud of the six of you. You've done what the original Elemental Masters never could: stick together" Garmadon approached adding his own bit of wisdom "But you must not rest on your laurels, for your guard is down when you sleep."

"I agree. Until Chen is captured and locked up for good, we're not out of this yet" I spoke firmly. "I'll head out shortly to search for Skylor. With my powers, I'll be able to track her aura once I'm close enough."

I needed to get on the field to search for the Master of Amber. Not only because Chen could use her powers to perform a spell, but also because she had my back.

Lloyd frowned crossing his arms "Just by yourself I assume?" He questioned sternly and I could feel his eyes burn through me. "Unbelievable..."

"Yes in fact. It will be faster to split up and cover more ground" I responded sharply. Taking a moment to pause, a sigh escaped my lips internally scolding myself for snapping at the green ninja.

I can't curb his anger at me, but I can at least try to salvage our friendship.

Once all of this is over, my friends will be asking questions.

And by then, I should have some answers.

~~~

In the end, I have gone ahead to search the jungle. There was a lot of ground to comb in search of Chen's hideout where he was keeping Skylor.