The Cake Is A Lie

Lloyd sat on the ground criss cross staring intently on the lightbulb in his hands. He focused his powers trying to keep a steady glow on the lightbulb without breaking it.

The exercise is to teach him to control his power at will without breaking the lightbulb.

One could say it represents those he wishes to protect. Too much power unchecked could become catastrophic especially if the user isn't in control.

"Focus Lloyd, control the power inside you" Jay encouraged "When you feel a surge welling up...harness it."

Lloyd smiled from the encouragement "I understand" he replied turning his attention back to the lightbulb muttering "I am in control..."

I silently watched. Lloyd groaning gritting his teeth in concentration. "Come on, Lloyd. You can do it" Jay encouraged as the light inside the bulb glowed more intense. Pressure built up causing the lightbulb to shatter.

"Argh! Stupid lightbulb!" Lloyd shouted in frustration looking to us "You guys are putting too much pressure on me. Let me have another try."

"Ah..sorry Lloyd, that was the last lightbulb" I replied and gestured to the broken past attempts scattered at Lloyd's feet.

"Clean up Lloyd. We'll continue training tomorrow" Cole told Lloyd handing him a broom to get started.

Lloyd puffed his cheeks grumbling to himself taking the broom in his hand. He bashed it against a nearby punching bag venting a bit.

Jay let out a sigh shaking his head "What are we doing wrong Sensei? None of us can't seem to teach him to control his power" he asked Sensei Wu hopelessly.

We watched Lloyd punch and hit the punching bag with the broom. The bag swung back and forth but it hit the broom in his hand knocking the young boy to the ground.

"You dare defy the green ninja!" Lloyd shouted at the punching bag as we watched him get his revenge on the object.

"Patience Jay, sometimes the greatest opponent we face is ourselves and that is especially true of Lloyd." He told Jay as he took him to the side. I quietly listened "Remember where he came from, he's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

I nod and then heard the door open. I looked as Nya entered the room. "Hey guys" she greeted us.

"Hey Nya" we replied back as she approached Jay.

"Hey Jay, wanna come by the auto body shop later?" She asked. They continued in their little flirting banter. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Lloyd as he continued fighting with the punching bag.

"You have to clean up when you make a mess you know." I scolded as I knelt down picking up the broken glass with my hand.

"Oh...right." He said and swept up the glass. After we cleaned up I felt something at my hand and looked, a slight cut on my hand.

"Hm..." I muttered and walked off to clean it and bandage it. When I returned, I could hear Sensei Wu speak.

"Looks like there's going to be a ceremony" he stated reading a letter aloud as I walked in.