Off The Grid

We managed infiltrate the facility without detection. The nindroids weren't guarding the area and we were able to slip through. Now the six of us need to figure out how to find the kill switch to the power.

"That's the substation's core" Nya whispered as she pointed to the large beam of light secured behind glass. "Shut that down and it's lights out for the Overlord." The girl looked around at the control panels warily "Now if only we knew which switch."

We each split up to different parts of the room tapping away at different control panels. Jay pressed a button turning on the radio. He perked up as he listened to the music that played. "Hey I love this song" he smiled as he moved his head along with the beat.

"Turn it off! They can't know we're here!" Kai whisper shouted over to him.

My brother scoffed before switching it off "Buzzkill."

The process of finding the correct switch was taking longer.

"None of these buttons are doing anything" Cole groaned in frustration "There has to be an easier way."

Kai stood before the core energy beam. "Yeah, like maybe hack the system?" He wondered aloud as he drew his techno blade. Nothing happened when he slammed the blade against the hard glass. "Argh! Stupid technology!" He grumbled when nothing happened.

I stared at the fire ninja with a small glare.

Cole drew his own techno blade saying "This can't be harder than it looks." The earth ninja struck the glass but his blade bounced off the glass. The force of the swing ricocheted through the hilt, sending a jitter through his body.

"Okay, definitely harder." Cole winced in pain.

"Stop hitting the glass. You can't hack it" I told the two as I continued pressing some buttons. I also searched for a key or a shutdown code.

"At least they're actually trying to help Asteria" Nya grumbled at me irritably.

I was taken back by Nya's hostility, but I stayed quiet and continued searching.

"Button, button, who's got the button?" My brother muttered frantically as he pressed all of the buttons in front of him.

"Would you be quiet" Cole hushed him.

Jay bickered with the earth ninja "I am being quiet, you be quiet."

Moments later the alarm was set off. Red lights flashed around the room as a siren sounded.

"Nindroids! Our cover is blown!" Nya gasped when she checked one of the cameras outside the door. "Seal the doors and find a way to shut it down" she told all of us to make haste.

Cole sealed the door but somehow a small nindroid managed to get through the vents. The mini nindroid clutched his silver sword to fight.

Jay facepalmed "Great. Now they come in fun size!"

~~~

In the end, the six of us destroyed the power source shutting down all of the power in Ninjago. All of the nindroids in the network powered down including Pixal. Hopefully this will put us at an advantage against the Overlord.