The New Enemy

I was sitting on the couch reading, Nadine was currently in her bedroom. I heard the sliding doors open "Let's not tell anyone about this day" Lloyd said and I looked over as he faceplanted on the couch. I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay with me" Nya groaned as she sat next to me. I cleared my throat and they all jumped. I rolled my eyes and sighed "Okay...Just this once, relax" I said and turned the tv on.

I heard the news as the reporter spoke. "I'm here with Ninjago's foremost archaeologist Clutch Powers, who's discovered an unknown pyramid buried deep in the Desert of Doom. Professor Powers, what can you tell us about the pyramid?"

I looked at the tv and Clutch spoke "Absolutely nothing Gayle. I haven't been inside and I don't plan to."

Gayle spoke in her microphone "But I thought-"

Clutch took the microphone "You wanna know what's inside? Traps. Booby traps. Butt loads of them. Pitfalls and blow darts, and fake tiles that collapse when you step on them, and big boulders that drop on you. No thank you."

Gayle scoffed "But isn't that your job as an archaeologist? To you know, explore and go on dangerous quests?"

"Technically yes. What's your point?"

"Well someone has to go inside."

"It would take a ninja to survive what's in there. Do I look like a ninja?"

"No."

"Point made."

Lloyd jumped out of his seat "That's it! That's our quest!"

"I'll pack my bag!" Nya exclaimed "Sunscreen! Bring lots of sunscreen!" Cole exclaimed. "Ooh, this is gonna be so much fun!!" Jay shouted.

"Ninjago!!" They all shouted and went separate ways outside the living room.

I took a breath and sighed as I closed my sketchbook. Indie tilted her head.

I stood up from seat and went to leave but heard the tv go off again. I stopped and looked over.

"Well there you have it. Gayle Gossip, broadcasting from a mysterious secret pyramid. That's gonna stay secret because no one's going in." The reporter went off screen and the camera zoomed in on a stone.

My eyes widened as it was that serpent from my dreams. "...What...?"

~~~

I was waiting in the monastery courtyard for the others as I had my luggage. Wasn't much, just some changeable clothes, water, my sketchbook, phone and my album.

The others came outside and started to pile their stuff. I blinked in confusion, they didn't need that many things.

Wu approached us with Pixal "What is the meaning of this?"

"We're off on our quest. Remember? To hone our ninja skills" Lloyd smiled at his uncle. He raised an eyebrow "How long are you going for?"