FirstBorne

The hunters had kept me in chains. The metal for the chains kept me from using any power. I was laying in the desert sand and growled a bit as I tried to break free, my muzzle was chained as was my legs and wings. I heard footsteps and looked, seeing the others, my eyes widened and I moved around.

Kai cut the chains off my muzzle off "Get out of here! It's a trap!" I said. "A trap?" Cole asked.

The hunters jumped out of the sand and surrounded the others "...I should've known." Faith said.

~~~

The hunters were sitting around the campfire, I was in chains again while in front of the two small wooden towers the others were trapped on.

Wu spoke to me "I'm sorry, Asteria...I thought I was doing the right thing." He said. I looked up at him slightly and spoke softly "It's alright Wu...You did what you thought was right."

"Don't sweat it, Wu. We've seen worse. Any moment now, Zane will have cut through these binds, and we'll be out of here!" Kai told Wu "Uhm...I cannot cut through these binds, Kai. Perhaps there is another alternative you were thinking of?" Zane asked.

Kai sighed "But Zane, I'm the good looks of the team. You and Asteria are the brains." He said, Jay gasped "I thought I was the looks?" He asked.

"Nah, you're the annoying one" Cole said, I made a chuckle. "What're you, the party pooper?" Jay asked "Mr. Party Pooper to you" Kai said "Har, har, Hair gel!" Cole told Kai.

I made an inaudible chuckle as everyone laughed. "...How can you make jokes at a time like this?" Wu asked.

"Heh...well, when all hope is lost, sometimes you just need a good laugh to stay positive. It helps copes with what's bad" Jay said "...I see" Wu said. "You are the annoying one" Wu said, I softly laughed with the others.

Iron Baron came over "What is so funny?" He asked and we stopped laughing.

"What is funny is you feeding them this food, to cover the taste of your lies" Faith said and glared, Iron Baron laughed.

"Well I'd rather be eating food with them than stuck on a pole with you!" He said the hunters laughed and I growled.

"Hey, you keep quiet, Dragon!" Iron Baron told me. "He only cares for himself. If he gets the armor, he'll have no need for you..except to kiss his hand." Faith said, the hunters gasped and whispered.

"Let me ask them, Heavy Metal." Iron Baron said and turned to the hunters "How can you believe anything she says, when she hid behind a mask?" He said and the hunters murmured. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"It is he who is the fraud! He forced me to wear the helmet, just as he forced you to be his slaves. We've all heard Baron's stories about how he fought an army of Oni. Well, look around! We are on Oni land and haven't seen a single one..because his stories are just that, stories." Faith explained, the hunters whispered.

"Not another word!" Baron said and it went quiet "...Now, show of hands. Raise them if you're with her...so I can raise my Dragon Blade to lop them off!" He yelled and it went quiet.

"That's not fair, you bullied them!" Jay yelled at Baron. "I said not another word! Or I'll cut the Dragon's head!" Iron Baron said as he went to me and held the blade close to my neck.