After i handed her the money, she had hugged me so tightly and thanked me so much she cried. I was glad i could help her, even if i was in a bit of a predicament with my mother now. Thankfully I hadn't seen her in a while so I hadn't gotten the chance to give her what she asked for in return. Which was great, because i felt slightly guilty knowing i was sabotaging my friend's father's business.. especially knowing Justin was rumoured to inherit it after college.

At that thought, i once again decided to ignore the nagging thoughts and focus on my friends.

Beth shrugged at Elena's statement, not disagreeing with her. "I guess i just think they're better together."

"Ugh, right?!" Elena exclaims. "Either way we'd be sisters in law if you married any one of them but still, i trust Justin to treat you better."

At that strange remark i raise a suspicious eyebrow. "Really?" I question her. "How are you so sure?"

Elena smiles at me, pinching my arm. "You should know by now Justin has changed. Just because of some shitty unexplained fight happened when you were kids it doesn't mean he wanted whats bad for you. You should ask for his side of the story."

I decide not to further question that because i knew myself i was being unfair by giving Justin so much grief after all he'd done to show me he changed. So i just nodded at my friend and switched the subject. Before i knew it, the two were kicking me in the bum and telling me to nip it in the bud already!

So, as i shoved my airpods in my ears a couple of hours later and pulled a coat on to protect me from the strangely cold august evening, it took everything in my willpower to not freak out as i walked my way to their house.

I didn't know who i'd see first but i hoped it would be Alec just so i could get that out of the way.

I had already practiced in my mirror a few thousand times what i'd say to him. 'I value our friendship and I don't want to ruin it over something like this' or something along those lines. It was bullshit, clearly. I wanted nothing more than to ruin it for years. But the real reason couldn't be voiced out loud.

What did this mean for Justin and I anyway? What would this make us?

I pushed those thoughts away also.

To my demise, my slow walk wasn't nearly slow enough because i had already made it to the familiar wooden door. An unfamiliar pink mini cooper laid in the parking lot and i frowned at it as i opened the door and walked straight in.

After so long of being close friends with this family, we had both grown accustomed to not knocking when visiting eachothers houses which would normally be fine. Normally. Not now though. Because atleast knocking would have prepared me for the sight behind it.

Justin smiles awkwardly as he stands up from his seat, unfamiliar gorgeous brunette girl sitting next to him. He says something to greet me but my mind is far too preoccupied with the long haired girl with gorgeous blue eyes and the longest lashes i had ever seen.

The girl looked as confused as i did when I walked in and I almost felt bad for interrupting. Almost.

I couldn't help the negative thoughts. Just yesterday he was over at my house giving me false hope just to what? Bring over a girl the next day. I figuratively waved those thoughts away and chastied myself.

Stop being paranoid. Maybe she's his cousin.

At that, i snapped myself back to the present and the slightly panicked boy trying to talk to me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks and i ignore the pang in my chest.

"Uh-" i clear my throat "im just here to see Alec" My voice sounds meek and weak but i dont ponder on it.