Ch. 60 - Winter Mountains' Hero (7)

Start from the beginning

“I’ll count this as you winning the bet. But there’s still one thing that I need to check.”

This time, it was Iron’s turn to frown.

“Well, you’ve made enough contributions so it doesn’t matter if you won because of your growth in strength or not. So, I’ll say that you won this bet. But the fact that you are Leonhardt’s descendant does not change. I don’t want to hear that the son of the family head is weak.”

“Will I be stronger just because I wanted to be stronger?”

The corner of Lioner’s mouth curled up when he heard Iron’s words. Iron began to feel uneasy when he saw Lioner smirking at him.

“You’ve established your own path after two years of practice in the field.”

“Are you stalking me?”

“No matter how trivial it is, a bet is still a bet. So I have to check things up close.”

Lioner got up from his seat after saying those words.

“Come out. I’ll look at your swordsmanship before I go back to the family.”

“…That… I’m busy.”

“I already talked with your commander. He will leave your schedule free for a week until the sealing ceremony.”

“My outpost won’t be able to work without me.”

“Your vice outpost leader is quite useful. He told me that you shouldn’t worry since he will run the outpost well in your absence.”

Cold sweat ran down Iron’s back when he heard Lioner’s words.

“You… You don’t have to teach me. My path is…”

“Don’t dilly-dally and just follow me. Otherwise, I will knock you out and take you forcibly with me.”

Iron eventually gave up when Lioner increased his momentum with every threatening word that he spat out.

“The others will impatiently crawl on my feet because they want this opportunity… yet my own child is so full of himself that he’s rejecting me.”

“Then, you can do it with those who impatiently crawl on your feet.”

“If you keep on throwing up a retort with every word I say then I’ll increase the intensity of your training.”

Iron’s mouth immediately shut when he heard Lioner’s threat.

He was forced by his father, the head of the family, to climb up the back of the mountain. He was even forced to lift his sword as soon as they arrived at their destination.

“From now on, you have to listen carefully to what I say. No matter what path you’re taking, these will still be the most common words that you will hear.”

Lioner pulled out his sword as he continued to speak.

“Everyone would have their own path. Even if they are of the same descent, with the same swordsmanship and mana training, even when they are living the same life. The path of their sword will remain different from each other.”