Chapter - 79

"Is that what you want?" Amrit asked defeated, "You are not going to reconsider?" she said.

She was tired from trying to get him to see reason. She loved the stupid man and she had told him so what did he want in return that she leaves. How dumb could one be? And she knew for a fact that he loved her too. It was not just major attraction he was trying to run away from, it was love. The fact that she couldn't push him to acknowledge it was frustrating her. And she wanted him to realize on his own. Maybe he did realize but he was not ready to accept it as easily. Not after what Natasha had done to him. He was scared to feel again. To trust again. Everything he did for her, said to her screamed only one thing 'love' but the moron was too stubborn to keep denying it.

"Yes," Abhay said and turned away from her.

So be it. She was done. If he wanted to live alone then who was she to try and stop him. Maybe when he was alone reality might hit him in the head and make him see what he had just thrown away. But could she just leave him and go? After all he had done for her, after all she felt for him could she throw away the one chance she had for a great future with him because he was being stubborn about it. But she couldn't stay when he clearly didn't want her to.

"Alright," she said finally.

Amrit's heart was breaking and the pain was becoming unbearable but she wouldn't show him that. She would never show him how vulnerable he had made her. She would never tell him how much she needed him, wanted him. If he wanted to play stubborn then she was doubly so. He will have to come to her and tell her he loved her. He will have to come and tell her first how much he needed her and she would make him beg before giving in. Maybe she wouldn't give in that would be just punishment for making her fall in love and then break her heart. She turned and slowly walked to her room. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she angrily dashed them away from her face. It was the only way to save herself from begging him to accept her, to love her just a little. She would be damned if she ever did that. Why had he played so nice? Why had he brought her out of her shell if he had to throw away her love out the window? Why had she been stupid enough to confess in the first place? Damn him for making her feel like this.

She quickly pulled her suitcase and started putting her clothes in neatly. Why was she folding her clothes neatly? She decided to be wilful today and started throwing her clothes in. The more angry she became the less it pained. She had never thought she would leave Abhay and go away. It had only been a couple of months to their marriage and it seemed Varun's forecast was coming true only they weren't parting because she was a shrew or he couldn't handle her but because they were so perfect together. Did it make any sense? No, at least not to her but it made perfect sense to Abhay. Damn him. Even if he came and asked for forgiveness ten thousand times she wouldn't forgive him. Ever.

He had just healed and then broken her heart. Nope, it was not pardonable. Where would she go? That question shocked her. She sat down on the bed and started crying again. She couldn't go back to Ambala, she wouldn't they would laugh at her and she couldn't go back to Chandigarh either. How will she show her face to Sarla and Rajesh? They had trusted her to make Abhay whole again. And she was breaking her promise to them. What about the promise she had made to herself? That she would take care of Abhay and give this marriage her all. But marriage was a partnership. It was not a one man show so without his help how was she to do things. She called up the taxi stand and booked a taxi for herself. She told them she had to go to Chandigarh. She was still undecided maybe she will go elsewhere. She rose and walked around restlessly. She heard the door open and close downstairs. She rushed to the window and saw Abhay's fading figure in the darkness. She wanted to call out to him and ask him where he was going at this ungodly hour that at least be here when she was leaving. But she refrained herself. It would be better this way.

She couldn't trust herself to face him when she left. She let the tears fall as sadness took over. She felt as if her soul itself was screaming at the pain she felt. She turned away from the window. She took her case downstairs slowly, carefully. A tumble down the stairs wouldn't do her any good. Then decided to write a note for him so he wouldn't worry when he came back and didn't find her here. She took the notepad and wrote. Then placed it on the coffee table. As her phone buzzed she realized the taxi was here. Controlling her emotions she picked up her case and left leaving the door open. Why had she left him a note? He wouldn't be worried. After what he had said to her he shouldn't be worried. She was going crazy. This was what love did when you let it go to your head instead of keeping it in check.

The driver kept her bag in the car and she sat on the backseat. The taxi moved away from the house, away from Abhay. She kept a tight leash on her tears and emotions. She wouldn't weaken and cry like a baby again. And as they crossed the barricades that marked the army cantonment area she let them fall. Soon the car raced out of Pathankot and an idea came to Amrit. Desperate situations called for desperate measures. If this was how he was going to behave then she had just the punishment for him in mind. She wiped away her tears and smiled. Why should she play the fool? If Abhay wanted to he can.

Life did not give second chances easily so why not make the most of what she had. She had a tenacious tendency and she wasn't going to let go this easily. She just couldn't.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for taking out the time to read ...

Votes and Comments Appreciated !!!