Chapter - 75

Natasha had seen Kapil disappear onto the terrace a few minutes earlier. Wondering what he was doing for so long out there she had followed. Though her reasons had been very different. Apart from the few people she knew, the rest were all strangers and she didn't like the whispers or the looks that were coming her way. She was bored to death and infuriated beyond measure at the way she was being treated. And it was all the more disturbing considering who she was. She had been a beauty queen, and was still a model, a celebrity in her own steam and right about now she was probably the most beautiful person in the room and yet people were not falling over their feet to meet her or flock around her to talk to her. Simpletons from a small city what could be expected from them and Kapil will have to join here for a few days if the transfer didn't stop. She wasn't coming. She had already decided that for sure. Once outside she had been startled to find Kapil with Abhay and then she had heard what Abhay had said to Kapil. It had angered her the way he had spoken. And Kapil had just stood there listening to him. Not a word from him in their defense. So she had decided to take matters into her own hands. She didn't need Kapil's assistance.

"How dare you speak to my husband like that?" she said and announced her presence.

She watched Kapil's face turn to ashen color and Abhay's expression change to one of bare tolerance. It was Abhay's reaction that irked her more than anything else.

"Just because he is not saying anything doesn't mean you are going to use foul words," she screeched, "wow Abhay, I had never known you to use harsh words where did you learn them from?" she asked sarcastically, "Oh, I forgot it must be your new wife's influence," she jeered and watched with satisfaction as Abhay's eyes flickered with anger. So he liked her that much. She smiled coldly. "Did she teach you that kind of language?" she asked again.

"You leave Amrit out of this okay," Abhay warned just as coldly, "your husband sought me out to talk not the other way around. If you have issues take up with him, I am not interested in either his reasons for doing what he did neither your theatrics," he told her firmly and decided to leave before things got ugly. Only Natasha wasn't in the mood to give in that easily.

"I will talk to him later," she said as she crossed her arms over her chest, "but tell me Abhay Malhotra how come you married someone like Amrit?" she said and at the dangerous glint Abhay passed her she went on in her sweet voice, "I mean she is so not your taste. Did your loving mother push you into this marriage? She has no class, no etiquettes not even beauty to her credit. Or in order to forget me you chose her who is nowhere in resemblance to me, in fact a complete opposite," she said and gave a half smile.

Before Abhay could respond Kapil intervened.

"What are you talking about?" he said astounded at the way Natasha was behaving. "Let us go inside Natasha," he told her and moved forward to take her elbow so they could go.

"In a minute honey," she said, "I am not done talking to my ex," she said, "tell me Abhay. I am curious. Were you so much in love with me that you couldn't stand anybody disturbing my memories so you chose her," she asked and Abhay tightened his jaw. "I guess that should be the answer. Poor you, had you been nice to me, not put all those restrictions on me, and agreed to what I wanted maybe I would have given you a second chance," she said unapologetically and heard Kapil gasp, "but you didn't. So here you are feeling miserable as it should be," she said feeling superior, "you know I was fascinated by you, by your adoration for me that was the only reason I agreed to marry you but you dashed my hopes of a good future with you when like every other male you tried to change me," she said aggressively, "you were always a mama's boy, God knows how I missed that trait in you," she said as if disgusted by him, "a loser and a loser could never deserve someone like me," she said caustically, "get it," she said with pride.