Chapter - 76

"You Bitch," Natasha whispered and saw Amrit shake her head a little. "Do you know who I am?" she said.

"You keep asking me that," Amrit said with a sarcastic smile, "I wonder if you have amnesia or it is your favorite line," she said.

"You..." Natasha said, "you think you are so smart. But you are not. Because had you been you would never have married a loser like him. Do you have any idea what he had done to me? I was practically under house arrest. Do you know how that feels? I was used to taking my own decisions, doing my own things, being with my friends and he took all of that away from me. You have based your judgment on what he told you," she screeched, "how do you know he told you the truth? I was miserable, bored, my life had taken a back seat while he went out enjoying his job to the hilt. I was famous and he couldn't stand it. I had to deal with his family who always interfered in everything I did. I had no privacy, no life, no happiness that was what my life had become married to him, so don't put the blame on me when it was all his fault," she yelled.

Amrit looked at Natasha. Was she for real? Since she stood here in front of her she was. Was she worse than Simrit? Maybe.

"Is that how it was or is that what you told yourself to justify your acts?" Amrit asked quietly.

"What?" Natasha spat.

"Okay, for a second let us leave all of this," Amrit said, "do you have children?" she asked her.

Natasha looked as if Amrit had lost her mind but she decided to humor her.

"No," Natasha replied.

"Were you ever a science student?" Amrit asked again.

"No, I was an Arts student," Natasha replied wondering where this was leading to.

"Same here," Amrit said and smiled but it never reached her eyes, "but I did study the subject till about a certain age. Do you know what happens when you are pregnant?" she asked.

"I have never been pregnant so how would I know," Natasha said irritated with Amrit and her silly questions.

"I have never been pregnant either," Amrit said then let her fury unfurl, "but I still know that when a woman calls me and tell me she is seven months pregnant and she has taken a fall and is bleeding, it is an emergency," she said loudly for all to hear, "and that shopping can wait because it is life or death situation for that woman. And you have the gall to stand here and insult others or call others names," she said furiously. "You are lacking in IQ and for someone with your brain size it means Intelligent Quotient, but you never even had an EQ. Before you ask, it means emotional quotient. As a woman you couldn't understand how Jassi felt that day, what she went through, how much pain how much trauma," she said, "and all because you are incapable of any feelings. It has to be all about you. Isn't it? This man, here has the capacity to feel pain because he did. He felt Jassi's loss, her pain and he felt guilty at not being able to save her unborn child and all because his wife hung up on her and didn't tell him why she had called," she said painfully, "so pardon me if I don't believe a word you tell me," she said disgusted with the woman.

She watched as Natasha hung her head in shame. So she did have a feeling or two. She saw Jassi's eyes filled with tears and her heart went out to the other girl. She shouldn't have brought this up with her around. But then she was surprised to see Jassi raise her hand and give her a thumbs up and then smile. Her friend stood in support of her and her respect for the other girl went to a whole new level. She took in a deep breath as she brought her concentration back to Natasha who stood there utter disbelief at the how things had taken a turn.

"You are blaming this man," she said and pointed towards Abhay, "for what? He restricted you because of the dangers out there in a city like Srinagar. He didn't want you to get hurt he didn't want to lose you dammit," she said angrily, "you are blaming him because he wanted you safe, because he loved you, because he wanted to spend the rest of his life with you. Because you meant that much to him. You are not worth anything he felt for you," she said hurt on Abhay's behalf. "What was his fault exactly Mrs. Raheja?" she asked. "He went against his mother's wishes to be with you and you call him mama's boy. You couldn't balance your life around him, you couldn't adjust to the little things that come with being married. And yet it is all his fault. You know what your problem is, you are unbalanced. You never could balance between your wants and your duties. You had the rights but you also had duties towards your husband towards his family just as he had towards you and your family and from what I know of Abhay he must have done his duty without any laxity. You said he was having fun on his job tell me something have you ever been wounded by a bullet?" she asked and at the horror she saw on Natasha's face she concluded apparently she had never even got a scratch, "Abhay did. He was more than just wounded when you left him. He was lying half dead in the hospital thinking, hoping you might come back and things could get better. What did you do? Wasn't it your responsibility to stand by him in his hour of need no matter what the problems? Instead you took the opportunity and filed for divorce. How insensitive do you have to be to do something like that? You think you are beautiful," she said with disgust, "go home and look in the mirror again, you are the ugliest creature I have ever seen, you are cold both on the outside and on the inside," she said, "and if beauty is anything like you I guess I am better off being a hellion," she said and paused.