Chapter - 13

Amrit reached the coffee house five minutes late. There had been a huge argument over what she should wear and Amrit had refused to wear any of the clothes her family suggested. She wore what she was comfortable in, something she always wore. Her philosophy he should know what she looked like normally or wore regularly. It had cost her precious minutes then the unnecessary instructions started. Damn, when were they going to learn she was not a small child? She rushed up the stairs and entered the coffee house in a rush. She wasn't sure if Abhay was finicky about time. As she scanned the place she found him sitting at a table for two in the corner. She was surprised to see so many people here this early on a Sunday morning mostly youngsters. Seemed like they had nothing better to do than vile away time.

She quickly brushed her hand through her hair to put away the wayward strands and then walked towards where he sat. He was wearing a plain black polo neck t shirt and jeans. He rose when he saw her. She walked up to him. He looked even better in the morning with a clean shaven look. Aw man, he had no right to look so good it was a sin if one was to ask her.

"Hi," she said.

"Hi," he responded with a smile and gestured for her to take a chair.

Amrit sat down opposite to him and let his musky scent envelop her. Why did they make such strong fragrances for men? But it suited him. It wasn't overly powering and he used it just a little not like some who practically took a bath in it.

"How are you this morning?" he asked politely.

"Same as I am every morning only a little stuffed," she answered.

"Stuffed?" he asked with a pleasant smile ignoring her brusque words he was trying to get used to it.

"Yes," she replied, "I never take breakfast only something about this time and today beeji stuffed me up with one and a half parathas. How does one eat that much early in the morning?" she asked.

"You don't take breakfast," he said, "but it is the most important meal of the day," he said curiously.

"I know but I have never had breakfast at eight or nine in the morning," she said with a shrug, "I always eat around eleven. Just a cup of coffee or hot milk is good for me in the morning," she said.

"Why one and a half parathas?" he asked.

"Well she wanted me to eat two but I couldn't put one morsel after one and a half," she said and made a face, "it was either leave or throw up," she said making a face.

Abhay chuckled.

"You are really good you know," he said full of mirth.

"You know you are the only one who sees my dryness as humorous most people find it irritating," she said.

"Alright, so since your routine got a bit upside down today care for a coffee," he asked.

"Please," she said, "I need it so badly right now," she said, "and I am sorry for being late. I just hate it when people do that to me. I would have been here on time but the extensive discussion over clothes," she said and shook her head.

"No need to apologize you weren't overly late," he said, "but your clothes look fine to me," he said appreciatively.

"Yes, because I fought tooth and nail for them, my family wanted me to wear what they thought would look good for example banana colored kurta with parrot green salwar and matching dupatta," she said and the look of horror came over her face.

Abhay couldn't do with chuckles this time he had to laugh. The way she said it and the description was enough. If only he could laugh like that with others too. His divorce had given a beating to his self-confidence and esteem. It hadn't been easy to face it at least for him. Natasha of course had had no issues.