Chapter 102) Crash

The RV slows down.

"Yo, Rick. What's going on?" Daryl says, glancing out the window.

"We got a crash ahead. Looks like it just happened."

Y/N stands up and looks out the front windshield. There's a car, flipped onto its side.

Mutilated walkers are trapped in the wreckage.

Jesus's face drops. "It's one of ours."

He jumps out as Rick stops the car.

Jesus runs over to the crash in a panic. He turns around to find Rick pointing a gun at his head.

"If this is a trick, it won't end well for you."

"My people are in trouble. They don't- we don't have a lot of fighters." He tells them. "I know how it looks, but I'll play it out. Can I borrow a gun?"

"No." Daryl says.

He motions to Rick. "We got tracks right here."

It leads them to a building. Rick bangs on the door, gun still in hand.

"They gotta be in there." Jesus says.

Abe looks to Rick. "We moving in or what?"

"How do we know this ain't firecrackers in a trash can?" Daryl asks.

"You don't." Jesus says.

"We'll get your people. You're staying here with one of us." Rick tells him.

He sighs.

Glenn looks at Y/N. "Will you stay?"

"Yeah." She nods. "Be careful." She tells them all.

Rick handcuffs Jesus. "Yeah. We're gonna be careful. You hear me whistle, shoot him."

"I will."

She stands behind Jesus, gun raised as the others enter the building.

A few minutes later, her group returns. With them, are several of Jesus's people.

Now they're back in the RV continuing their drive towards their destination.

Glenn and Y/N sit in the back of the RV next to one of the men rescued from the building.

"Names Harlan, by the way." He tells them.

"Y/N. That's my husband, Glenn."

The man smiles. "We're bringing back medication, so you may have saved more people than just us back there, Glenn."

"You're a doctor?"

"That's right."

"You have any prenatal vitamins in there?" Glenn asks.

Harlan's eyes widen slightly as he glances over at Y/N, noticing the bump. He smiles again.

"Well, I was an obstetrician before, and I most definitely owe you. So, I'd say you two just hit the jackpot."

Glenn's face brightens as he looks over at Y/N. She feels so relieved. She grabs his hand and gives it a squeeze.
————————————————————————
"Damn it." Rick curses.

"A storm must've passed through. We're stuck." He says.

The RV's tires are spinning. They're stuck in mud.

Jesus stands. "No worries. We're here."

Everyone gets out of the vehicle holding their weapons. Just in case.