Chapter 4) The supply run

It's been three weeks since her and Archer joined the group just outside Atlanta. She has quickly bonded with T-Dog, Dale and Carol.

Everyone seems to enjoy her presence except for Shane who hardly even speaks to her for some unknown reason.

She helps out around camp as much as she can, often helping the women down by the quarry wash the clothes.

She also goes fishing with Andrea and Amy, stands guard, and occasionally goes on runs.

Archer is often hunting, as he was given a bow and arrows from another member of the group. He's pretty much a natural.

Today is a big day for the group because a handful of them are going deep into the city for some better supplies.

She walks up to Glenn with a big smile on her face. "Boo!" She says, grabbing onto his shoulders from behind.

"Oh my god Y/N! You scared me." He said turning around holding his hand to his chest.

"Kinda the point." She said with a smile.

He smiled back and then his face went a little more serious. "I still don't like this plan."

Y/N sighs, throwing her head back in exasperation. "How many times do I have to tell you, it'll be fine. We will sneak in, grab some stuff and then sneak out. We are all gonna keep an eye on each other and we'll be okay. Trust me."

Glenn shakes his head with a small smile. "Supply runs with this many people don't end well."

Y/N puts a hand on his shoulder to comfort him. "Today it will."

"Y/N. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

It's Archer. Y/N glances back at Glenn who looks a little irritated. "Yeah sure." She turns back to Glenn, "Meet you at the truck?"

He nods and she heads over to where Archer is standing. "What's up?"

"I don't think you should go on this run." He says looking a little nervous.

"What? Why? I've gone on runs before?"

He shakes his head. "Not like this. Not this far into the city."

"I'll be fine. Don't worry. Plus... I have to look for them." Y/N says, eyes saddening at the thought of her family.

She has yet to see them and has already thought of the worst possible outcomes.

Archer takes a deep breath and pulls her into a hug. "Just be careful. I can't lose you."

"You won't. Promise." She pulls away and gives him a quick peck on the cheek, unaware that Glenn was watching the whole time.
————————————————————————
After a couple minutes of goodbyes and gathering up last minute gear, the group gets into a truck and drives down the mountain.

The group consists of Y/N, Glenn, Morales, Andrea, T-Dog, Jacqui, and Merle.

Nobody really wanted Merle to come along but he did anyways. Merle is a sexist, racist, addict. Y/N typically tends to avoid him because he makes her uncomfortable.

The group drives to the city and stops near a railroad. They all get out and start walking towards the buildings. Jacqui points out a good building to scout and they head for it. The streets are pretty much empty this morning, only the occasional rotter here and there.

Once inside the building, Merle goes up to the roof to be the lookout. The rest start scavenging for any items worth bringing back to camp.

"Pssst. Glenn!" Y/N whispers.