Chapter 101) World

Y/N walks up to Enid who sits on a bench inside Alexandria.

"Hey." She says.

Enid looks up from her notebook. "Hi."

"Where have you been?"

"What?"

"I never see you. Everybody's been working for weeks to get this place back together and you just disappear."

It's been a couple of weeks since the walkers got inside the walls. Since then, Carl has recovered from his gunshot wound.

He did lose his eye completely, however and now wears a bandage over his socket.

The entire community worked to clear up the bodies in the streets, disposing of them properly.

The wall has been mostly repaired and things have been looking up.

Y/N sighs softly. "Do you sit in your room all day?"

"No." Enid mumbles.

"Then where'd you go?"

"Nowhere."

"You helped Glenn get home. You helped me when I was up in that guard post."

Enid sets down her notebook gently. "Yeah?"

"So maybe there's better places for you to go than just nowhere. I'm around. Come talk to me."

Glenn told Y/N all about what happened after the hoard split off. When he got separated.

He almost died but then he found Enid and they helped each other get back.

Y/N hasn't known Enid for long but she reminds her of Noah. A boy who she loved like a son.

In a way she fears that she'll get too close to her and then lose her.

She doesn't want another grave added to the list.
————————————————————————
Glenn and Y/N find Maggie outside late at night.

She is working on something to help their garden.

The three talk quietly for a moment before the creaking of a gate gets their attention.

Denise runs up the small staircase to the sidewalk and gets the attention of Abraham who happened to be walking by.

He runs into a building with her.

Y/N glances at her husband and her friend before the three rush after the others.

Rick and Daryl went on a run earlier in the day and captured a man.

He is no longer tied up in the home they left him in.

It only takes a moment for Daryl to put the pieces together.

Everyone grabs their weapons and rushes into Ricks house.

Daryl leads, followed by Glenn, Y/N, Maggie, and Abraham.

They just barely make it up the stairs and pause when they see Carl aiming a gun at a long haired man.

Behind him, stands Rick and Michonne. Barely dressed.

Y/N raises her eyebrows, semi-amused, but says nothing.

Michonne holds out her hand to the group who stands by the stairs. "It's okay."

Rick looks at the man who apparently goes by Jesus. "You said we should talk. So let's talk."
————————————————————————
It's now daylight.

Jesus sits at a table inside Ricks home.

Rick, Glenn, Michonne, and Y/N all sit at the table.

Carl, Daryl, Abraham and Maggie stand close by.

"So how'd you get out?" Rick asks the man.

"One guard can't cover two exits or third floor windows. Knots untie and locks get picked. Entropy comes from order, right?"

"Right." Daryl says.

"I checked out your arsenal. I haven't seen anything like that in a long time. You're well equipped, but your provisions are low. Very low for the amount of people you have. 54?"

"More than that." Maggie says.

He glances at her before speaking again. "Well, I appreciate the cookie. My compliments to the chef."

"Yeah, she ain't here." Daryl says.

Jesus sighs. "Look, we got off to a bad start. But we're on the same side. The living side. You and Rick had every reason to leave me out there, but you didn't."

He pauses to take a breath. "I'm from a place that's a lot like this one. Part of my job is searching out other settlements to trade with. I took your truck because my community needs things, and both of you looked like trouble."

Rick rolls his eyes slightly.

"I was wrong. You're good people. And this is a good place. I think our communities may be in a position to help each other."

Glenn sits up in his chair. "Do you have food?"

"We've started to raise livestock. We scavenge, we grow. Everything from tomatoes to sorghum."

"Tell us why we should believe you." Rick says.

"I'll show you. If we take a car, I can take you back home in a day, and you can all see for yourselves who we are and what we have to offer."

Y/N speaks. "Wait, you're looking for more settlements. You mean you're already trading with other groups?"

Jesus leans back in his chair with a smile. "Your worlds about to get a whole lot bigger."
————————————————————————
It doesn't take long for the group to begin packing the RV.

Much to her surprise, Glenn doesn't tell Y/N that she can't go.

Carl stayed behind with Judith, leaving Glenn, Maggie, Y/N, Michonne, Rick, Daryl, Abe, and Jesus being the ones to go.

Y/N sits next to Glenn. She leans her head on his shoulder.

After some time of driving, Abe nods his head at Glenn. "Hey. Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

Abe sits up, scooting close to Glenn. "When you were, uh, pouring the Bisquick, were you trying to make pancakes?"

Even though he whispered it, Y/N could hear every word. She snorts out a laugh as Glenn tilts his head in confusion.

"Uh... yes?"

Y/N covers her mouth to control her giggles. Abe huffs a laugh.

"It was something we talked about. Why?" Glenn asks.

"Well, given the precarious state of affairs on any given Sunday, I am damn near floored that you or anyone else would have the cojones to make a call like that."

Y/N nods. She can understand that.

Yes, her and Glenn did discuss the possibility of having kids, however, it is very dangerous in this new world.

She still thinks about Lori from time to time. Now that her stomach is starting to show more, her panic is increasing.

"We're trying to build something, me and her. All of us." Glenn says.

"For the record, I see rain coming, I'm wearing galoshes. I double up." Abe says.

Y/N can't hold back her laughter this time. Abe smiles and sits back in his seat.

Glenn just shakes his head with a smile, looking over at Y/N.

For a moment, everything is happy.

Until it isn't.
————————————————————————