Chapter 49) Choice

Glenn hugs Y/N tight as she inhales and exhales. The tears have stopped, and now she looks at her dead friend. Archer is dead. What about Maggie?

Glenn removes his shirt, handing it to her. She puts it on, finally covering her exposed chest. He also takes off his shorts, letting her put them on as well. Her face is red and puffy.

He wipes her semi-dried cheeks. "He'll turn. We need to take care of it."

She bites her lip with a nod. He stands and breaks the leg of the dead walker lying in the corner of the room. That must've been the walker Merle set on him.

He reaches in the decaying leg and pulls out a sharp bone. He walks back over to Archer and holds it over his head but Y/N, grabs it from him.

"Y/N-"

She takes a deep breath, stabbing the bone into Archers head with a squish.

She drops the bone to the ground and leans against the wall. He slowly crawls next to her and cradles her body with his.

She fights the urge to cry again as he runs his hands through her hair. "Shhh. It's okay. Shhh. It'll be okay. Shhh" He whispers over and over to her.
————————————————————————
It's been a few hours since the incident. Y/N rubs her arms. She has bruises on her body. Her chest. Her legs. Her back. She's sore all over.

"Y/N. Did he..." Glenn starts.

She averts his gaze. "Glenn." Her voice barely audible.

He stands up. "I'm gonna kill him."

She pulls him down. "Glenn. Just sit."

Suddenly the door flies open. It's Bellamy. He's alone. This time, no one holds her back as she stands up and flies across the room. She punches her brother in the face. Hard. He falls to the ground. She kneels on top of him and punches again. And again. Bellamy blocks his face and shouts.

"Wait! I'm here to help you!"

She stops hitting him and growls. "Help? THIS is what you call help?!" She points at Archer.

He sighs. "I know! I know, i'm so sorry. If I didn't, he would kill mom and dad."

She stands up at that. "Mom and dad? They're alive?"

"Yeah... They're here. When we got separated in the store, I found them outside. Dad escaped to the alley. Mom made her way out from the chaos in the front. We tried to find you but it was a mess. We had to leave. We got out the city. Travelled for a while. Made our way North. We ran into the governor and his people a few months back. We've been here ever since."

He says, sitting up. He wipes the blood off his face. She feels lightheaded. "This whole time... I thought you were dead. All of you."

He nods. "I'm so sorry. About your friend. But we need to go. Now."

He holds his hand out to her and she takes it. Glenn grabs the bone used earlier and holds it tightly. Suddenly the door flies open again and the governor stands on the other side.

"What did I tell you, Bellamy? I made it very clear."

He backs away from Y/N. "I was just-"

"I don't care. You want to join your sister? Fine. But first... she's gonna make a choice."

Y/N tilts her head. "What?"

He smiles, tossing a gun at her feet. "One bullet. Two men you love. Make a choice. Kill your brother, or your boyfriend. Then, and only then, will I let you leave."

There's silence as everyone takes in what he said.

She shakes her head. "You're sick."

He smirks. "Either that, or you all die, sweetheart. You have 2 minutes."

With that, he closes the door, leaving her alone with the boys.

She kicks the gun against the wall. "I won't do it."

Bellamy sighs. "Then we all die. You heard him."

"He's just tricking us."

Her brother shakes his head solemnly. "Y/N... I know him. He's not. You have to choose."

She backs up. "No. No, i'm not doing this. I can't. I won't."

Glenn drops the bone and walks up to her. He pulls her in for a hug. He leans in and kisses her, softly. "Do it, Y/N. I won't let you die for me."

Y/N's vision is blurred as tears start to fill her eyes again. "I'm not killing you, Glenn."

"He's your brother. Do what you have to do." He says, gently kissing her again. "I love you. So much."

Bellamy looks over at the man. He rubs his head. "Y/N... i'm not gonna tell you what to do. You love him. I killed your friend. You have to make a choice."

She shakes her head, the tears pouring out now. "I can't-" Her voice breaks.

Suddenly the door opens again and she backs away, picking the gun up.

The governor glances at the three. "Have you made your decision?"

She nods her head, lifting the gun up at the man. "Yeah."

He smirks. "Not an option."

She cocks the gun, not wavering. "Why the hell not?"

He grabs hold of the gun and spins her around, sharply. Her arm moves out of place and she screams in pain. He must've dislocated her shoulder. He has his arms wrapped tightly around her body. "Make. A. Choice."

Glenn's eyes narrow but he doesn't make a move because he knows that the governor would kill her if he tried. Bellamy looks into her eyes.

"I love you, Y/N."

Glenn looks at the floor.

Y/N looks at the two and screams in despair as she pulls the trigger.

The gunshot rings out.

Silence follows.
————————————————————————