Chapter 29) Move on

Lori bumps into Y/N as she's getting something from her tent.

"The blood on Maggie's shirt..."

Y/N sighs, tossing a jacket onto her cot. "She was attacked. It was pretty close."

"I'm so sorry. I never should've asked you guys to go."

Y/N shakes her head. "We offered."

"I thought the town was safe, but if you hadn't come back..." She says running a hand through her hair.

Y/N holds up a hand. "But we did. We always do." There's a pause. "The morning-after pills. Will they even work?"

Lori sighs, sitting on the cot. "I don't know. I don't know if I want them to."

Y/N reaches into her bag. "Well then... I got these too. Just in case." She hands Lori a bottle.

"Prenatal vitamins... hell of a choice."

Y/N lightly laughs. "Glad it's not my decision."

There's another pause. "Lori? We're friends right?"

Lori smiles. "Of course."

"I can't tell you what to do. I could never tell you something like that. But your choice... Maybe you shouldn't make it alone."
————————————————————————
The next morning, Rick and the others sit around their camp eating breakfast. Dale nods to Y/N and Glenn who sigh deeply. They glance at the house where Maggie stands on the porch. She shakes her head no.

Glenn takes another deep breath. He clears his throat. "Um. Guys."

A few look up silently. "The barn is full of walkers."

Everyone looks up at that.
————————————————————————
Shane peeks through the crack of the barn doors and curses.

He turns around and faces Rick. "You cannot tell me you're all right with this."

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land."

Shane yells. "This is our lives!"

Y/N grinds her teeth. "Lower your voice!"

Andrea scoffs. "We can't just sweep this under the rug."

Shane shakes his head. "It ain't right. Not remotely. We've either got to go in there, we've got to make things right or we've just got to go. Now we have been talking about fort Benning for a long time—"

Rick cuts him off. "We can't go."

Shane groans. "Why, Rick, why?"

Carol steps forward. "Because my daughter is still out there!"

"Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane says.

Y/N shakes her head. "We are NOT leaving Sophia behind."

Daryl agrees. "I'm close to finding this girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago."

Shane rubs his head. "You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll."

Daryl points angrily at him. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about."

"Daryl." Y/N whispers, warning him.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said. You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours." Shane says.

"Shane, stop." Glenn says.

"Let me tell you something else, man. If she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction." Shane yells at Daryl.