Chapter 52) Hope

The car pulls up to the prison and a few members of the group rush to greet them. Maggie and Glenn help Michonne and Y/N. "Where's Hershel?"

"Inside the cell block." Carol is there, which shocks Y/N and Glenn. They found her. She glances at the group. "Where's Daryl?"

"He's alive." Glenn says.

Y/N shakes her throbbing head. "He left us."

"Merle." Maggie says.

There's a pause.

"Oscar?" Axel asks.

Glenn just shakes his head.
————————————————————————
Inside the cell, Y/N takes the baby from Beth. Apparently Carl named her Judith. She feeds her a bottle. Glenn tells her to sit down but she ignores him and walks out into the main part of the block.

Inside, are four new people. A black man with a beanie, a black woman who looks related, a white man with a beard, and a younger white man, presumably his son.

She eyes them before turning to Carl. "Where's your dad?"

He goes to speak but suddenly sobbing can be heard from one of the cells. Maggie finally broke down. Hershel goes inside to talk to her.

Carol and Beth talk quietly on the perch. Glenn tends to his leg and Michonne is locked inside a cell for "precaution".

Y/N turns to the new people. "Names?" She asks. Her voice cold. Her ears are ringing and she fights the urge to cry. Rick walks in quietly and stands near Carl, waiting for their answer.

The man wearing the beanie takes a step closer. "I'm Tyreese. This is my sister, Sasha. That's Allen, and that's his son Ben." He says, pointing at everybody.

Y/N nods. Rick scratches his chin. "How'd you get in?"

"Fire damage to the administrative part of the prison. Wall's down."

Rick cocks his head. "That side is overrun with walkers. How'd you get this far?"

Tyreese shakes his head sadly. "We didn't. We lost our friend Donna."

Carl stands stoically. "They were lost in the gyms."

Suddenly Rick wheels around. "You brought them here?"

Carl goes to speak but Hershel limps into the room. "He had no choice."

Rick sighs.

Y/N glances at them. "I'm sorry about your friend. We..." She clears her throat as it breaks. "We know what that's like..."

Tyreese purses his lips as he thinks. "Hershel said you could use some extra hands. We're no stranger to hard work. We'll go out and get our own food, stay out of your hair. You got a problem with another group, we'll help with that, too. Anything to contribute."

Rick shakes his head. "No."

Y/N looks at him angrily. "Rick."

Sasha sighs. "Please. It's awful out there."

Glenn and Carol now stand inside the cell too, listening to the conversation.

Rick shakes his head again. "No."

Hershel places his hand on Ricks shoulder. "Let's talk about this."

"We've been through this. With Tomas, Andrew. Look what happened."

Glenn furrows his brows. "Axel and Oscar weren't like them."

"And where's Oscar now? I can't be responsible." Rick counters.