Chapter 50) Broken

The governor lets go of Y/N and she collapses to the floor. He lets out a chuckle and takes the gun out of her hand, leaving the room.

Y/N feels dizzy and she desperately tries to make her growing headache go away. The pain spreads like a sickness. Her body is bruised. Her face is swollen. Her hair is tangled.

She curls in a ball and feels two masculine hands wrap around her. She cries into his chest.

"Glenn." She whispers, through her shaky breaths.

He pulls away and looks at her face. He cups the side with his hand. He kisses her forehead. "I'm so sorry Y/N."

She hugs him tighter as the door opens again. Both her and Glenn are yanked up to a standing position. She looks away so she doesn't see her dead brother and best friend, laying on the floor.

Bags are placed over their heads and they are shoved out of the room. She doesn't fight back. She's lost too much already. Her brother is dead. She killed him.

Suddenly shouts are heard and gunshots fire. She hears Glenn call her name but she says nothing. The bag is ripped off her head. It's Daryl.

"Y/N." He says, looking her over. She looks a mess. She doesn't even acknowledge him. She feels dizzy. She tries to take a step and collapses into his arms.

"Little help over here!" He shouts.

Rick rushes over. Maggie and Oscar are with him.

Maggie gasps when she sees her. "How bad are you hurt?" Y/N just shakes her head.

Maggie glances around. Bodies of Woodbury soldiers lay at their feet. Glenn is whispering to Rick. "Where's Archer?"

Y/N looks up at that. Her lip quivers slightly.

"Y/N... where's Archer?"

Rick whistles. "We have to go. Now!"

Maggie shakes Y/N's shoulders. "Where is he?!"

"Dead." She whispers. Her voice is raspy from screaming. From crying.

Maggie lets go of her shoulders. "What?" She mumbles. She tries to shove past her to go into the cell but Glenn holds her back. "Don't go in there, Mag."

Maggie's eyes fill with tears but she says nothing.

Daryl is helping Y/N walk when Glenn makes eye contact. "This was Merle. He did this."

Daryl goes pale. "My brothers alive? You saw him? Face to face?"

Glenn nods. "Threw a walker at me. Tried to execute us."

"Does he know i'm still with you?"

Y/N keeps her focus on the ground. She mumbles. "He does now."

Her voice cracks as she speaks. "I'm sorry, Rick. I told them where the prison was."

Rick gently puts his hand on her shoulder. She flinches slightly at the touch and Rick furrows his brows looking to the others. "No need apologizing. You did the best you could."

Daryl looks at Rick. "I need to find Merle. He's my brother. I can try and talk with him-"

"There's no time. We have to go." Rick says. He reluctantly nods and they group sets out back toward the gate of the town. Maggie fires at anyone she sees. Y/N holds onto Daryl. Oscar is helping the group up the side of a truck to get over the fence when he's shot in the leg. He gets shot again, in the chest.

Daryl lets go of Y/N once he's sure she can move on her own. He doesn't tell her where he's going but she can only assume it's to get Merle.

She is halfway up when she hears a female voice call out. "Y/N? Baby?"

She turns around to see her mother and father, guns aimed at her, faces full of shock.

"Mom? Dad?" She rushes down as quick as she can and pulls them into a hug, ignoring the weapons in their hands.

They look at her broken body and her mother gets emotional. "What happened? Why are you here? Are your people attacking us? You're alive? Where's your brother?" She asks a million questions a second.

Y/N lowers her head, not wanting to tell them about Bellamy. "I don't have time to explain. Come with me. Please."

Her mother stands. "Y/N. Why?"

"These people you're with are bad. Very bad. Come with me." She pulls her father up and he follows her willingly. Her mother is behind them.

She goes to reach for her moms arm but gets yanked back down to the concrete. Her mother holds a gun to her head.

"Mom? Mom, what are you doing?"

Her dad turns around to see what's left of his family. "Ellise! Put that gun down."

She shakes her head. "No. Alex. I won't."

Her father glances between the two girls. He doesn't know what to do.

Suddenly Ricks voice is heard. "Drop the gun."

Y/N's mother turns to face him, arms wrapped around Y/N's neck. "Can't do that."

"Mom! Why are you doing this?"

"Where. Is. Your. Brother?"

The gun gets pushes further against Y/N's scalp. She whimpers. "I killed him." She says quietly.

"You what?" The gun pushes even more.

"I killed him!"

Ricks eyes widen and he glances around trying to find a way to save her.

Her father holds the gun up at that. "Ellise. Let our daughter go."

She refuses. Tears fill her fathers eyes. "Ellise, don't make me shoot you."

She scoffs. "You wouldn't."

Her father shuts his eyes and fires, the bullet whizzing past Y/N's head, directly into her mothers eye. She collapses to the ground and Y/N removes herself from her mothers grasp.

She looks down at the floor. Her mother is dead. "Dad?!"

He hops down from the car.

Rick grabs Y/N's arm. "We have to leave!"

More gunfire is going off behind them as the other Woodbury soldiers fire at them.

Her father quickly pulls his shaking daughter into a hug. Tears are streaming down his face. "Go. Now!"

He gently pushes her in the direction of Rick and he picks her up when she refuses to walk.

The last thing she sees before she passes out is her father getting tackled to the ground by three soldiers.
————————————————————————