Chapter 58) Tombs

The silence is deafening at first. And then it isn't.

The military trucks drive up to the prison.

One of the towers gets blown up.

The walkers in the field get plowed down.

Gunfire erupts.

A gate gets knocked over.

People shout.

The cell block door creaks open.

The governor and his people are inside the prison now. They walk down the corridors in search of the group.

Suddenly explosions erupt. People scream. People shoot. The governor screams to hold fire. The prison alarm starts blasting. Walkers appear in the hall. The people of Woodbury exit the cell block.

They walked right into the trap.

Y/N and the group, only pretended to leave the prison. They packed all their things into the cars and parked in the woods. Hershel, Beth, Carl and Judith wait there.

Y/N is on the catwalk side by side with Tyreese and Maggie. They are wearing the protective armor found on the walkers when they first arrived at the prison. They shoot at the people below as they try to escape.

Y/N tries shooting at the governor but he dodges behind a vehicle. She grunts in frustration.

All the Woodbury people rush back into their cars and drive away from the prison. Y/N removes her helmet. "We did it?"

Maggie huffs out a laugh. "Yeah."

They make their way down to the main courtyard where they meet with Glenn, Sasha, Michonne, Daryl, Carol, and Rick.

Rick sighs. "We did it. We drove them out."

Y/N shakes her head. "We should go after them."

Michonne nods. "Finish it."

Maggie looks at them. "It is finished. Didn't you see them hightail it out of here?"

"They could regroup. We can't take the chance." Glenn says.

"He's not gonna stop." Daryl says.

Carol nods. "They're right. We can't keep living like this."

Maggie sighs. "So we take the fight back to Woodbury? We barely made it back last time."

"We're gonna have to. Let's go check on the others." Rick says.

They make their way back into the cell block where Hershel, Beth, Carl and Judith just got back.

After brief discussion, they decide that Daryl, Y/N, Rick, Tyreese and Michonne will go to Woodbury.

Glenn, Maggie, and the others are going to stay behind just in case the governor decides to come back.

Y/N hugs Glenn tight before she leaves. He kisses her. "Be safe."

She nods. "I'm gonna kill that son of a b*tch." She says

After saying their goodbyes, Y/N gets in the truck with Rick, Michonne and Tyreese. Daryl rides his motorcycle.

After a few minutes on the road, they come across two of the military trucks abandoned on the side of the road.

Bodies litter the street. Walkers chew on the corpses.

They get out of the car. Y/N grips her sword tightly. She takes down three that are distracted, as Daryl shoots one in the head. Y/N walks by one of the trucks when suddenly a person appears in the window.