Chapter 69) Sanctuary

"I can't believe it."

She smiles and leans into her husbands shoulder. Judith sits in her lap.

He kisses the top of her head. "It's unreal."

She huffs with a smirk. "Kinda like asking those guys to hold off saving the world while you look for your wife?"

He laughs. "I'm a persuasive guy."

They sit quietly for a while. Eventually Glenn whispers. "What happened?"

Y/N sighs. She sits up and tells him everything.

Hershel. The Sword. The vomit. The bus. Judith. Daryl. The white cross. The funeral home. The dog. Even the pills.

He tears up when she tells him. She kept her addiction hidden from him for seven months. He deserves the truth.

He grabs her hand, when she finishes.

"I'm glad you had Daryl."

She squeezes his hand. "Me too. I just hope he's okay. I hope they're all okay."

He nods. "Maybe they're at Terminus."

"Maybe."

He kisses her cheek. "I love you. Get some rest."

She smiles. "I love you too."
————————————————————————
The wave of nausea hits her suddenly. She hunches over and vomits onto the gravel.

It's just Rosita, Y/N, and Judith in the tunnel right now. It's the next morning. Eugene went to use the bathroom and Abe had to follow him for backup. Glenn and Tara went to scout the outside of the tunnel and to get their supplies in the van.

Rosita rushes to her side and brushes the hair out her face. "Are you okay?"

Y/N nods, sitting up.

Rositas hand moves to her forehead and she pales. "You're burning up."

Y/N shakes her head. "I'm good."

Rosita eyes her. "How long have you been throwing up?"

She shrugs. "Couple weeks? I don't know. I've lost track."

There's a brief pause before Rosita speaks again.

"When was the last time you had your period?"

Y/N stiffens. When was the last time? She can't remember. She covers her mouth, feeling nauseous again. "I couldn't... no."

Rosita sighs. "Are you pregnant?"

Y/N feels sweaty. Her mind is racing. "No. Yes? I don't know."

Rosita hugs her gently. "It'll be okay." She reaches into her own bag and fumbles for something. She finds it and hands it to Y/N.

It's a pregnancy test. Rosita gives a half-smile. "Abe is a horn-dog."

Y/N coughs out a laugh as she takes the test from Rositas hand. "Thank you."

Rosita nods and stands, offering her arm down to her. "Cmon, everyone's waiting."

Y/N takes Rositas hand and stands up. She shifts Judith to her other arm as she slides the test into her bag. It'll have to wait.

She sighs as she thinks. Her and Glenn wanted a baby, sure. When they were in a safe place. Now they aren't safe. Hershel is dead. They have no doctor. They have no home. They have hardly any food or water. They're separated from everyone they love.

A baby could be a curse. She thinks about Lori.

This is a nightmare.
————————————————————————
The building comes into view. It's an old train station. The side of the building reads: Terminus.

There's a gate surrounding the building. Inside they can see plants. Small gardens.

They walk up to the gate. There's a chain around the fence but it's unlocked. Glenn pushes it open. Everyone holds their weapons as they inch around the building.

They make it to another gate. There's a sign that says "Lower your weapons. You will be met. You have arrived at Terminus."

They enter, weapons down. Up ahead is a singular woman. Her back is turned. She's grilling something.

She turns around and smiles. "Hi. I'm Mary. Looks like you've been on the road a while."

Y/N nods, hugging Judith tightly. "We have."

"Let's get you settled and we'll make you a plate. Welcome to Terminus."
————————————————————————
Screams. Gunfire. Theft. Everything is a mess. These people are liars. They just want their belongings.

They took their weapons. Took their bags. Everything. Then they shoved them into a train car.

It's dark inside. They're in there for hours.

Judith is sniffling. She's hungry. She's tired. Y/N caresses her head. "Shhh."

Abe and Glenn tried banging on the walls. It's no use. After what feels like hours, the door suddenly opens. Before anyone can try something, more people get shoved inside.

The door slams shut and Y/N squints in the bad lighting. She stands up quickly.

It's Sasha, Bob, and Maggie.

Glenn and Y/N hug the three. They eye the others but Y/N just shakes her head. "They're with us."

More time passes. They feel defeated. They're trapped in a box. This is no sanctuary. This is something else.

Suddenly muffled gunfire is heard outside of the train car.

It goes on for several minutes. Suddenly it stops. Voices shout from outside. It's too muffled to hear. Y/N leans her ear against the metal. The voices get a little clearer.

"Ringleader, go to your left. The train car. You do what we say, the boy goes with you, anything else, he dies, you end up in there anyways."

After a moment the voice speaks again. "Now the archer. Now the samurai. Stand at the door. Ringleader, archer, samurai, in that order."

Suddenly another voice shouts. "My son!"

The other voice speaks. "Go, kid."

"Ringleader, open the door and go in."

The door opens and Y/N backs away. Glenn stands in front of her.

Somebody enters. Another one. Another. Finally, one more person enters and the door gets shut.

Glenn walks forward. "Rick?"

Michonne, Daryl, and Carl stand behind him.

They are shocked to see them. Maggie, Sasha, and Bob walk closer too.

"You're here." Rick says.

Tara, Rosita, Abe and Eugene walk forward as well. Rick eyes them but Maggie tells them it's okay.

Y/N steps forward into the light, holding Judith. Carl and Rick gasp and rush to her. They pull her in for a hug. Carl starts to cry. Rick wipes a few tears from his own face. "Thank you." He whispers to her. She nods, handing the baby over to Rick.

Y/N quickly walks up to Daryl and pulls him in for a hug. He's alive. He made it out.

To her surprise, he hugs back. "I'm glad you're okay." She whispers.

"You too."

Y/N hugs Michonne as well.

She notices that they're still missing some people. Tyreese, Carol and Beth. They aren't here.

Rick kisses Judith's head and peaks out through a small crack in the door.

"They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out." He grunts.

Abe tilts his head. "Find out what?"

"They're f*cking with the wrong people."
————————————————————————