Chapter 56) Meeting

A few days later, Daryl, Rick and Hershel go to a meeting location with the governor. Andrea set it up. The others stay back at the prison.

Rick left Y/N in charge.

They sit around some tables loading up guns.

"Carl, come here." She says.

Carl walks over and Y/N hands him two boxes of ammo. "You stash these at the loading dock."

"Beth, put more up on the catwalk. If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo." She says handing a few boxes to Beth.

Glenn nods, picking up a gun. "I'll go work on the cages.

Merle suddenly speaks from his position against the wall. "What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now."

Glenn eyes him. "Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?"

Merle nods. "Yeah, I am."

Y/N turns around to face him. "As much as I want to kill that son of a b*tch, we told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put."

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart. Being on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sitting right with me." Merle replies.

"The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong." Glenn says.

"And they will."

Carl rolls his eyes. "My dad can take care of himself."

"Sorry, son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon."

Y/N glares at Dixon. "Don't say that to him."

Tyreese shakes his head. "It's not the right move. Not now."

Sasha agrees. "Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire."

Merle shrugs and grabs a bag, filling it with weapons. Y/N scoffs. "You're not going."

"I don't need permission. You can't stop me."

Maggie bites her lip. "If you're gonna live here with us, it's gotta be on our terms."

"It's my brother out there. What's the matter with y'all?" He walks toward the door but Y/N steps in front of him.

"I'm not gonna let you put them in danger."

"Get outta my way, girl." He says.

Glenn grinds his teeth. "Step away from her."

Merle turns around to him. "Nut up already, boy. This guy cops a feel of your woman and you pussy out like this? Get out of my way."

"No."

Merle makes a move and tackles Glenn to the ground, knife to his throat. Maggie and Michonne rip Merle's arm away from Glenn and Y/N grabs him in a chokehold. The three women struggle against him. Tyreese comes over and takes over.

Suddenly a gunshot goes off. Beth is holding a gun, aimed at the ceiling.

Glenn shoves Merle off of him. Merle rips himself from the grasp of Tyreese and storms into one of the cells.
————————————————————————
Y/N steps out onto the catwalk, gun strapped to her back. She notices Glenn staring off into the distance. "Hey." She says quietly. "I thought it was my watch?"

He shrugs. "I got it."

She nods. "Keep you company?"

He smiles a tiny bit. She sets the gun down.

He looks over at her. "That was a hell of a chokehold."

She chuckles slightly. "I should've put him to sleep."

There's silence and he turns his whole body to face her. "When we got back from Woodbury... I made it all about me. And you needed your space and I didn't give you that."

She looks at him. "I didn't need space from you. I just... needed you to see me."

There's a pause and she sighs. "I'm with you. Always."

He lowers his gaze to the floor. "I'm sorry."

She nods. "I know."

He shakes his head as he pulls her in for a hug. "I'm sorry."

She breathes in his scent deeply. It's something she hasn't done in a while. She seems to take it for granted. Holding him.

He sighs into her hair. "I love you."

She smiles. "I love you, too." He pulls away just enough to kiss her lips.

Her hands are wrapped around his neck and the kiss deepens. She's pressed against the fence when he pulls away glancing behind her. "I can't do this here." She looks back and sees the dozens of walkers trying to get them. She huffs out a laugh and grabs his hand.

"Come here." She pulls him into a small room and he immediately removes his flannel. She rips off her tank top and boots.

He kisses her again. "I love you."
————————————————————————
The revving of a motorcycle catches their attention.

Y/N leans against Glenn's bare chest. "Back to life." She mumbles.

They quickly get dressed and meet the others inside the cell block where Hershel, Rick and Daryl just got back.

Everyone gathers and Rick speaks to them. "So, I met this Governor. Sat with him for quite a while."

"Just the two of you?" Merle asks.

Rick nods. Merle passes Glenn and Y/N. "Should've hit them when we had the chance."

Rick tilts his head. "He wants the prison. He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead for what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war."
————————————————————————
Rick and Hershel stand out on the catwalk.

Rick sighs and glances at the other man. "He gave me a choice. A way out."

Hershel tilts his head. "What does he want?"

"Michonne."

Hershel shakes his head. "He'll kill her."

Rick nods. "And then kill us anyway. What if he doesn't? What if this is the answer?"

Hershel lowers his head. "Why didn't you tell them?"

"They need to be scared."

"They are."

"Good. That's the only way they'll accept it."

Hershel looks at Rick. "She saved my life. Carls too. Glenn and Y/N... if she hadn't come here, we never would have known they were taken. She's earned her place."

"Yeah.. she has." He pauses. "Are you willing to sacrifice your daughters lives for her? Y/N's life for her?"

Hershel sighs. "Why are you telling me this?"

Rick looks out into the field. "Because... I'm hoping you can talk me out of it.
————————————————————————