Chapter 70) Tub

"They seemed nice enough, but I was ready to go. We just got here, but, damn, it was time to go." Abe says.

"When I told them about DC, a wink and a nod from the head asshоlе in charge, they pulled their guns and it was right back to our regularly scheduled sh*tstorm." He finishes.

They're making weapons. Belts. Woods chunks. Rope. Nails from the floor. Anything. Things to fight back with.

"Black car with a white cross painted on it. I tried to follow it. I tried." Daryl says.

Y/N looks at him. "You saw that too?"

He nods. "Thought you and Jude were in there."

She lowers her head. "I'm sorry."

He shakes his head. "You did what you had to."

Voices are heard outside. Daryl peeks out the crack. "Alright. We got four of them pricks coming our way."

Everyone stands, with their self-made weapons. Carl stands in the corner with Judith.

Rick nods at them. "Y'all know what to do. Go for their eyes first, then their throats."

There's a voice from outside. "Put your backs to the walls on either side of the car now!"

They don't. Suddenly a noise is heard from the roof of the train car. They look up and a hatch opens, allowing light to shine in.

Something falls from the ceiling. It's a canister. Abe shouts. "Move!"

It explodes into a ball of smoke. It's foggy. Nobody can see anything. People are coughing.

Y/N feels arms wrap around her and hoist her up and out of the car. She can't see. Her vision is blurred. She hears thumps. Grunts.

Her vision goes black.
————————————————————————
Her eyes slowly flutter open. She's forced onto her knees in front of a big metal bath like object.

She has a gag in her mouth. Her arms are tied behind her back. Her feet are zip tied together.

Somewhere else in the room, a saw is being used on something. A body. She looks to her right. Glenn, Daryl, Rick, and Bob are there. To her left, are four men she's never seen before. They're all gagged and tied as well.

Why is she the only female? What are they doing? She struggles against her ties. Glenn's eyes widen when he realizes that his wife is next to him.

There's men from the Terminus group surrounding them. They wear protective aprons, and hold knives and metal baseball bats.

The two men wearing the gear go all the way to the left where a scared blonde guy shakes. One man smacks the bat over the man's head. The other lifts up the unconscious man, slicing his throat, allowing blood to fall into the tub.

Y/N whimpers through her gag. She wants to scream. She wants to cry. She wants to vomit. She watches in horror as the blood pours out of the man's wound, sliding closer to a drain at the end of the tub.

The weapon-wielding men move on to the next man. The same thing happens to him. Bat. Neck. Slice. Drain.

The third man. Same thing.

The fourth. Again.

A man holding a notebook walks in. "Hey guys. What were your shot counts?" Y/N recognizes the voice as Gareth. He is the leader of this place. He's the one who has been calling the shots.

The baseball man shrugs. "Thirty-eight."

The two men hover behind Y/N. She grinds her teeth. Daryl, Rick, and Glenn all look at her in horror. They're about to watch her die. Bob stares at the floor.

She feels a gust of wind behind her as the baseball man winds up.

Suddenly Gareth speaks. "Hey! Your shot count?"

The knife man sighs. "Crap, man, i'm sorry. It was my first roundup."

"After you're done here, go back to your point, and count the shells. Kaylee won't be gathering them until tomorrow."

Bob yells against his gag. "Hey! Let me talk to you."

Gareth ignores him. "Five from A, four from D?"

"Yeah."

Bob yells again. Gareth removes his gag. "What?"

"Don't do this. We can fix this."

"No you can't."

"You don't have to do this! We told you there's a way out of all this. You just have to take a chance. We have a man who knows how to stop it. He has a cure. We just have to get him to Washington. You don't have to do this, man. We can put the world back to how it was." Bob says.

Gareth shakes his head, putting the gag back in his mouth. "Can't go back, Bob."

Gareth moves over to Rick and removes his gag. "We saw you go into the woods with a bag and come out without it. Had to pull my spotters back before we could go look for it. What was in it? You hid it, right? In case things went bad? Smart."

Rick doesn't respond.

"Still, we'll find it. But it's too dangerous to go out there right now.

Rick still says nothing and Garett smirks walking over to Y/N. He pulls out a knife and pulls her forward, touching the tip of it to her neck. "What was in it? I'm curious. And it was a big bag."

The other men grunt against their gags. Y/N shuts her eyes. "You're really gonna let me do this?"

Rick eyes him. "Well, let me take you out there. I'll show you."

Gareth shrugs. "Not gonna happen. This might." He moves the knife closer to Y/N's skin and Rick finally spills.

"There's guns in it. AK-47. .44 Magnum. Automatic weapons. Nightscope. There's a compound bow and a machete with a red handle. That's what I'm gonna use to kill you."

Gareth chuckles and puts away his knife. He walks back over to Rick and pats his shoulder. "Thanks."

He turns to his men. "You have two hours to get them out on the driers. I'm gonna go back to public face. Now's the time we can get messy, but we need to dial it all in by sundown."

"Got it."

"Yes, sir."

He goes to leave when suddenly gunshots ring out from outside the building. He grabs his walkie and holds the button. "Hey, Chuck?"

The baseball man goes to smack the bat over Y/N's head when another gunshot rings out. Everyone pauses when all of a sudden there's a loud explosion that shakes the whole building.

Gareth rushes outside and the two other men start to panic.

"The hell we doing here man? The whole place could be going up." Knife man says.

Baseball bat faces him. "Hey, look at me."

Suddenly Rick stands and shoves a sharp piece of wood into the man's neck. He must've broken free of his ties.

He quickly advances on the other man stabbing him in the throat as well.

Rick rushes back over to Y/N, untying her first. Then he unties Glenn, Daryl and Bob.

Glenn hugs Y/N tight. She has tears in her eyes but blinks them away. By some miracle, she's alive. "Are you okay?"

She just nods.

From outside, she can hear screaming. Walkers growling. Gunfire. Smoke is in the air.

"If they got problems, we got a chance." Rick says.

"Sounded like a bomb." Glenn says.

"Sounds like a damn war." Daryl says, glancing at Y/N.

She picks up a large chef knife. The others grab weapons and they make their way to another room.

They slow when they see body parts hanging up to dry. Torsos. Legs.

Y/N shakes her head, feeling the urge to puke. "They're f*cking cannibals."

Rick sighs. "Cross any of these people, you kill them. Don't hesitate. They won't."
————————————————————————