Adara lifted her hand again, but she did not pat his head. His hair was sticking to his forehead because of the sweat. She pushed the hair to the side, leaving his face clear. His eyes fluttered, trying to see her, but she only shushed him. "What did I say, child?" her voice was quiet but indifferent. She did not use 'child' in a derogatory way as most adults did, she used it as an affectionate term, though her indifferent tone made it seem like there was no affection behind it. "Keep your eyes closed, everything will be solved on its own. You do not have to do much. Just survive." Lock started to frown further, his eyes trying to flutter again. She then realised her mistake. "I'm sorry," she apologised, her voice incredibly soft. "I should not have said that. Don't worry, everything will be alright. Maybe not like it once was, but it will be alright."

Lock was the calmest he had been since he was brought in right now. She patted his head and he pushed his head into her palm. And as she patted his head, she realised both Choi Han and Cale came next to her. She hadn't heard them coming to her, her focus too much on Lock and her guard had been down. She doubted that either of them would stick a knife in her back, though.

"It would be difficult for other people," Cale started speaking. "But, Choi Han, it should be easy for you. We trust you."

Adara gave a nod, her eyes nor her hand leaving Lock. He looked almost asleep.

Choi Han saw this and he saw her gentle mannerism with Lock. She truly loves children, he thought, watching On and Hong trying to wiggle their way into her field of vision, slightly jealous she was petting the strange wolf child. She is a good person. So is Cale-nim. "I will succeed. I am Lock's hyung."

Rosalyn watched with a strange expression. She had seen Choi Han manically kill every single assassin to protect the ones who were still living. On their journey, he was alert and always observing his surroundings, reacting to every little sound. But now, such a person who had been so guarded during their journey was completely relaxed. His stance was unguarded, Roslayn could see countless openings to harm him, something she never saw when they were travelling. His sword rested on his hip, almost discarded, whereas he had always made sure to have it within taking's distance. She had never seen him so relaxed and she wondered if the two Trash had anything to do with it.

"Yes, yes you are," Adara said, finally taking her hand away from Lock. Her eyes turned instead to the discarded table of food. "Let's eat after he gains his consciousness back." 

She turned to the door, and after a few seconds, Hans came with Ron behind him. They had a stretcher in their hands. "Young Master and Mistress, the Arena has been cleared," Hans said.

"That was fast," Cale commented. He turned to Choi Han. "Put him on the stretcher."

As soon as Adara's hand had left Lock's close vicinity, he had started growling. He was growling as Choi Han put him on the stretcher.

Adara saw Cale put some stuff into a magic bag and she debated bringing the wine with her. She didn't in the end.

They were in the Residence's Underground Arena. It came as no surprise that Count Henituse had one, he was known for his wealth. The Thornwin Residence in the Capital and in the Estate also had one, she had often stayed there to watch the knights spar. Nowadays, she went there to spar with the knights. Both the Henituse Territory and the Thornwin Territory were supported by military strength. It made sense, they would need a strong military to be able to survive next to the Forest of Darkness and the mutated creatures contained inside the high walls. That was why both of their Residences had Underground Training Arenas that were better and far larger than most of the Dukes and Marquises in the Roan Kingdom.

There was no competition between the Henituses and the Thorwins, it came as a big surprise to everyone, but there was none. Two big Counties, surrounded by massive wealth and military strength, and yet they did not fight. They helped each other often, the Thornwins would send merchants with marble and aspiring artists to the Henituses, and the Henituses would send knights to help with the finding of mutated poisonous plants in the Forest of Darkness and any books they could find in the study of poison.