The graduation had ended five hours ago and he still wasn't present. He wasn't picking up his calls or responding to his texts. Nothing. He hadn't communicated what was happening to him, so I informed my Dad to make sure he was safe on the plane.

And he was. He had apparently confirmed that he was okay and on his way home. That had been five hours ago. He couldn’t possibly still be on his way home, the airport was a thirty minute drive away from our penthouse.

I hadn't realised how much the situation had affected me until I was crying uncontrollably, choking on my sobs as the frame slipped out of my grip and shattered on the floor.

He didn't love me anymore, that was probably the reason why he didn't even bother to attend the most important event of my life. Or reach out to me.

I shouldn't have been so stupid. I should have known what his fame came with. Money, girls and more girls.

A part of me really trusted him because he was my best friend and I believed he'd never hurt me. Then another part of me was adamant that he was done with me, a part of me I didn't want to believe in.

A knock on the bedroom door broke me out of my thoughts and my heart leapt in anticipation. Maybe it was him. He was probably here now.

After wiping my tears, I swung the door open, but instead met his personal bodyguard's gaze.

"Oh, Matt. I didn't expect to see you here, at midnight," I whispered, checking the digital clock on my nightstand.

"I know, and I'm sorry for showing up late."

"Is Kylen okay?" I asked curiously, my eyes searching his void face.

"Yes, he is. He said that I put you on the jet, tonight. And make sure you are okay." Matt informed me and my brows rose.

"I am. But I haven't packed—"

"No worries, your things will be sent over on time." He assured me, gesturing for me to start moving out of the room.

"Okay, let me get my bag and phone," I quickly rushed back in, slipping off my graduation gown then taking all my essentials. Once I was sure that I had everything I needed, I followed Matt to the black SUV that was parked in the driveway.

He opened the door for me and after thanking him, I entered the backseat alongside him. The driver gave me a wave that I returned before turning the car on and smoothly driving out.

I stared out of the window, wondering what lay in store for me wherever we were going. I was still a little upset that he didn't show up for my graduation despite having finished his game two days ago. He didn't even reach out to tell me the results since the game was private.

All these thoughts consumed me as my eyes drooped, closing as soon as I was settled in the comfy leather seat in the jet.

————

When I woke up, I found myself lying in a massive, plush bed with white linens. I opened my eyes wider, attempting to decipher where I was, but I had no fucking idea.

I slowly sat up with a yawn and I checked the clock by my bedside. It was two pm in the afternoon. Two pm in the afternoon? Had I been that tired?

I looked around the room, taking in the modern, expensive decor and the luxurious, minimalistic setup of the furniture. It was mainly themed white and silver, a floor-to-ceiling window giving me a view of the mountains in the distance.

Where the hell was I?

"You're finally awake," I turned to face a woman who had walked into the room holding a tray of food. She looked quite young, maybe around her early thirties.