𝐗𝐋

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

I felt a light, tender ray against my skin, along with something soft. Tender. All over my face. Kisses. Yes, definitely kisses.

I slowly fluttered my eyes open, giggling when Kylen continued to pepper kisses all over my face, moving dangerously close to my lips as he kissed the corners.

I inhaled deeply, enjoying his refreshing berry scent with a hint of his natural musk, along with the cool, fresh morning breeze that filtered in through the wide open window. It was the perfect way to wake up.

Paradise.

"Ky," I murmured, attempting to push him away but his strong body didn't budge. I sighed in defeat, embracing the attention as I wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

"Good morning baby. Hope you slept well," he murmured, pushing my hair back gently.

"I did, more than I have in ages." I sighed, realising that for the first time since the tragedy, I had slept like a baby. No nightmares or haunting thoughts dragged me into depression, and that was mostly because I had clung to Kylen the whole night.

"Good for you. I was suffocating with the way you were holding me, so I think I got about two hours of sleep," he teased and I hit his head lightly.

"Stop lying. You were suffocating me too, I think one of my rib is dislocated and broken right now," I laughed while he rolled his eyes, pulling me into a tighter, secure hug.

"I'll fix it for you, and I'll give you mine even though I have less," he kissed my cheek and I felt my heart swell in happiness.

Getting away from home with Kylen was the best thing ever, and I was starting to realise it. I hadn't seen the countryside or the house much because I had fallen asleep in the car and Kylen had obviously carried me to bed.

But as I looked around, the bedroom was so cosy and spacious with some vintage furniture that provided a warm, safe space, large windows with light curtains that allowed a lot of sunshine in and a luxurious ensuite bathroom from what I could see.

There were some art frames that clearly had a lot of value and complex emotions in them, then a couple of vases with fresh flowers by my nightstand.

"I picked those for you this morning. I know how much you love tulips," Kylen gave me a lop-sided smile and in that moment, I didn't know how to show my appreciation for his existence.

He cared about me in every little way, I had God to thank for putting him in my life.

"Aw Kylen, thank you so much. You didn't have to—" I was cut off by him pecking my lips.

"I wanted to, and I'll do anything in this world to speed up your recovery process, even if it means sacrificing myself and my needs." He spoke so solemnly, something in me moved. Something intangible but extremely significant, and it told me that Kylen was my true soul mate for life.