𝐈𝐈𝐈

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢 • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

"Alora, sweets, wake up." I felt someone shake me as I slowly blinked my eyes open.

"Dad? Good morning," I yawned gently before facing him. I watched his expression slowly change from neutral to a deep frown.

"Why were you crying? Who did this?" His tone was strict and dangerous like it usually was whenever something happened to me.

"Calm down Dad, no one did anything," I sighed as I freed my hair from its tie.

"Now Alora, don't bother keeping whatever is on your mind away from me. I know something is bothering you," he paused for a second, "it's Kylen isn't it?" My silence confirmed his question.

"What did he do this time?" Dad took my hand gently. I always told him all my problems and he was the closest best friend I had. Whenever I was upset, I'd talk to him and even when I just wanted to vent my feelings, he was always ready to listen to anything I had to say, just like the old times. He never let me down.

"He just- it may sound stupid but Kylen is my best friend, he has been since we were tiny, but these days it feels like we're drifting. He has girls in and out of his room, he leaves me all the time and is almost always absent whenever it's our day." I felt like crying as I spoke.

"It's okay to feel that way Alora, especially when someone who used to give you their undivided attention starts neglecting you,"

"Yes Dad, that's so true. I feel more like a side chic now, he's always on his phone when we hang out but I give him the benefit of the doubt that it's probably something important. It really hurts, I might just decide to ignore him the whole week, see how he likes it-"

"I know you're very upset but that would be very impulsive. Why don't you two have a one on one talk about this? Resolve the elephant in the room-"

"I'm tired of talking Dad. Actually, it should be his turn to talk, not me. For once he should bring it up," I got out of bed before heading to my closet to pick out my outfit for school.

"You know, just do what feels right for you. Just know that if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here because I don't want you crying alone in here. I definitely don't want you thinking that no one loves you and getting suicidal." His voice was serious as he spoke.

"I won't get suicidal and I know that you love me," I said gently. He was very sensitive when it came to feeling lonely and being suicidal, he always made it a point to get Alison and I to talk about our feelings.

"Good. Do you want me to take you to school? We can stop by Starbucks on the way," he offered as a broad smile finally plastered over my features.

"Yes please, Dad. I think I need a doughnut or something." I nodded as I arrayed my outfit which consisted of some black leggings, a white strapless crop top and a black fur jacket because the weather looked unfriendly.

"Cool. I'll be waiting for you," he left the closet and walked out of my room.

I went for a quick shower and after brushing my teeth, I put my undergarments on then my entire outfit.

I pulled on some boots then tied my hair imto a decent bun. I didn't bother with makeup but carried my tube of lip gloss and took my school bag before leaving.

"Morning Alora," I heard my mom's voice say.

"Morning." I responded as I picked a plum from the fruit basket.

"I packed some breakfast for you. Do you want it?" She questioned curiously.

"Obviously. I love your food," I rushed over to the counter and she handed me the big lunchbox with a widespread grin. "What about the other one—"