𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

24 - ♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

“What do you want here?” Kylen was the first to ask in a bitter tone as Steve walked into the room, clad in a white polo shirt with some jean shorts.

“Kylen, please don’t—"

“No Mom, he doesn’t deserve to be here, he doesn’t deserve us, we’re not his family anymore.” Kylen was starting to sound very upset as the room fell into a tense silence.

“I'm still your father Kylen, whether you like that or not.” Steve was equally stern in speech.

“I wish you weren’t—"

“Okay, that’s enough. Kylen, your Dad has to come along, we have to put differences aside for at least one day.” My Dad intervened and we all knew he listened to him better.

“Fine, whatever. Stay away from me and Mom, and I mean it.” He harshly glared at Steve before storming out of the room. Christine was shaking her head sadly while Mom rubbed her back comfortingly.

“There is only one person who can calm him out there,” Everett was the first to break the silence, and within seconds, everyone’s gaze was directed towards me.

“Me? Come on—"

“Yes Alora, he's always here whenever he is sad.” Alison articulated and all of them hummed in agreement.

“Fine, I’ll go,” I chuckled in amusement before following Kylen out.

I found him settled on a couch in the outdoor area setup, a leg crossed over the other as he scrolled through his phone. This was nothing new; Kylen was always moody and we were used to it, especially me.

I quietly walked over to where he was, settling besides him as he turned off his phone. Kylen turned to face me, his eyes slightly glassy as I outstretched my arms towards him for a hug. He immediately complied, pulling me more against his body as I sighed in content. He always gave the best hugs.

“I was just about to text you to come out here,” his hoarse voice mentioned as I patted his muscular back.

“And texting Ashley for a fuck tonight?” I said in the utmost sweet tone while pulling away from him.

“That too. I'm joking, I was done with her a long time ago.” Kylen nuzzled his face in my neck. I absolutely loathed all his fuck buddies, and I wanted to convince myself that it was not jealousy at all. It was not jealousy. I just wanted his undivided attention as his one and only female best friend. Was that too much to ask for? I think not.

“Look Ky, I know you hate Dad for what he does or what he is doing, but he is still your father—”

“Don’t give me that bullshit Alora, I'm so sick and tired of hearing that. Thing is, I didn’t choose him to be my father, so I'm not obliged to give him any sort of respect whatsoever, I don’t owe him shit alright? Hell I never even asked to be here in the first place and I have every right to be upset. What you can do for me right now is to accept that I will never, and I mean never, treat him the same. He doesn’t deserve us.” The anger and great resentment he had for Steve protruded in his tone. He had really fucked it up with his family, and I felt Kylen’s pain.

“I understand, I'm sorry.” I sighed heavily as he stroked my cheek.

“You don’t need to be sorry. I know you're trying to be the bigger person, and I love you for that. It's just that I'm human and some feelings are not going to fade easily, especially when you’ve forgiven the person a thousand times but they continue with their old habits. It's just the way things are Alora,” he shrugged slightly before pulling me into his laps.