𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

Be The One || Khalid ft. Bree Runway

5 years later…

A smile tugged at my lips as I took off the dark hat with a golden tassel. I'd done it. I'd worked my ass off to get my Bachelor's Degree in botanology.

My Dad and entire family had urged me to do what I love, and that's exactly what I'd done. I had furthered my studies on plants and flowers and managed to open up a little botanical store in the city.

I planted the flowers back in the countryside and made sure the crew took good care of them till it was time to deliver them.

I loved who I was. I loved what I did. I had pursued my own dreams, incorporating technology into my flower business with Steve's help. My Dad dealt with the transportation then Kylen obviously helped me with exposure.

My smile faltered a little at the thought of Kylen. I hadn't seen him for an entire two weeks because he had a basketball championship to attend. He was now an international, famous player and I was honestly so proud of him. I hadn't been able to attend the championships because of my graduation ceremony.

A ceremony I'd waited for my whole life.

My parents and Kylen's had come for the event and had supported, congratulated and gifted me for the achievement. They stayed for the entire day then left later into the afternoon on a jet after everything was over.

I was going to fly back with them but my things were still in this place. Mine and Kylen's lives were now in this place.

I sighed as I lifted a frame of the both of us. His arms were wrapped around my waist and I was laughing while he carried me. It was the way he looked at me that made the image stand out, and it reminded me that we had something special.

Since University began five years ago, we got very caught up in our schedules. He was always busy with practice and travelling for international games while I stayed to study, attend lectures and write exams.

Whenever we did see each other, we made sure to put all distractions aside to focus on each other. The passion only seemed to get stronger than the last time and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.

On days where I was extra lonely, I'd watch his live games on the TV and wish that I'd attended. I'd rejoice every time he scored, every time he got medals and trophies, every time people cheered loudly for him and every time people screamed for his autograph. He had built his name from scratch and I was so glad to have been a part of the process. He deserved it.

Hus game had ended two days ago and he had promised to make it in time for my graduation. I had believed him— something I shouldn't have done to save myself from the pang of disappointment. I shouldn't have anticipated his arrival, because he never showed up anyway.