𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

♡★𝓐𝓛𝓞𝓡𝓐 '𝓢  • 𝓟𝓞𝓥★♡

Reach Out ~ Eloy ft. Michael Miller 

"I can't believe my baby is engaged," my mom gasped, wrapping her arms tight around me and I giggled. 

"Not yet engaged, Mom. Its a promise ring," I clarified. 

"What's the difference? He promised to marry you, so it counts," my Dad smiled, joining our hug and I felt so happy to be having this kind of support from both my parents. 

The shock when I revealed that piece of information a week ago had been priceless. They had screamed and gone crazy when I told them about it, and they had inspected the ring more than a thousand times. 

I had seen my Dad cry for the first time, hugging me for hours and telling me about how I used to be his little girl who cried for yogurt every few minutes, his little girl who wanted to eat whatever ate, and his little girl who loved forcing him to watch Disney shows with him. It had been such an emotional moment for him. 

My Mom had been in the most shock. It was clear because at first she had been in denial, unable to believe that I was going to get married someday. But slowly, it dawned on her that the baby she used to nurture and take endless pictures of had grown into a woman now. 

"Thank you Mom and Dad, for accepting Kylen and being my strongest support system since birth. I love you both so much," I whispered as the hug tightened. I could tell the both of them were having a little private moment of reminiscing how I used to be a baby, and how much I was slowly evolving. 

"And thank you for helping us grow as parents, you've taught us a lot," Mom whispered when we pulled away. They both had tears in their eyes, and my Dad was pinching the bridge of his nose. 

"Remember when we were both in the hospital while you gave birth to Alora, and I was holding your hand, Sophia?" He asked Mom and she nodded, sniffling a little. 

"And how you first held and named her, or when I first discovered that I was pregnant and we had to run away, good times." She wiped her cheek and I cooed, pulling her into another hug. I'm sure it was hard for her to acknowledge that she'd have to let me go sooner or later. 

"You guys are making me cry too, come on." I whined and they both laughed. When I let go of my Mom, she entwined hands with Dad. 

"We're so proud of you Alora, and so happy for you. We know Kylen will take excellent care of you, he always has. Sometimes, whenever you cried as a baby, I never had to worry when he was around." Dad smiled and I did too. 

"Yes. He was extremely fond of you, and he never missed any activity involving you. Whether I was taking you for a bath, feeding you, dressing you or even putting you to sleep, he always took part." Mom nodded in agreement. 

"We knew you'd end up together. We have got to celebrate this, Luca and Maya will be here this weekend." Dad informed me and I grinned widely, remembering how those two had advocated for the both of us all along.