23

TALE OF ZAINAB

CHAPTER 23

When he comes back to an empty home without zainab Ammar wasn't suprise, he know zainab Won't stay especially without her children here, as expected Amina reported him to his family it didn't end so well because for the first time in his life he'd stand his ground and not obey his parent, he know at that moment as he leave his parent house that it doesn't matter if zainab agreed to be with him, his family will never accept such relationship, they'd never accept her not even for the fact that he love her because love sure isn't enough reason for them, family background, reputation, wealth are much more important to them than love, a tingling emotions they believe never work out without wealth.

"Did zainab tell you anything?"Ammar ask the security guard hopefully and the man shake his head.

He sigh and stare at the cloud, the evening is getting dark, the weather getting cold and the angry cloud assure a promising downpour at any moment, the wind swaying the plants as they dance to it tune, ammar feel helpless he wonder where zainsb could be, he'd never forgive himself if anything bad happened to zainab or worst her children, the first droplet of the rain hit his forehead and he sigh,

He hate rain the allergy, the blisters he quietly walk back to the front porch and stand, he stare at the heavy rainfall contemplating, what if zainab is out there stranded?
Did she find her children?
Is kareemah okay?
She'd always have a bad cough whenever rainfall, he sigh and take a step but stop himself.

He stare at the sky hopefully as tho a miracle will  happened,he rush back inside and grab the unbrella from the shelf in the parlor, he can't even relax even if he wants to, kamal has once told him the address to his uncles and he's so glad he jotted it down that day he open the car as few rain drops hit his hand making him to cringe and quickly climb the car throwing the unbrella, he shut the car door and take a deep breathe to calm his wrecking nerves.

He start the car and the gate roll open, Amina's car drive in , ammar waste no time he drive out he doesn't want to speak to amina, he's in no mood to see her face and he's certain seeing her will just ignite the already burning flame of frustration in him.
with his mind focus on his destination he hope the almighty will answer his hidden desires as he shower the sands and oceans that evening with his blessings from the sky.

meanwhile zainab has been sitting in her brother inlaw house waiting for her children who they said were sent to a nearby shop, seconds turns to minutes fold to hours and there are no sign of them, the cloud getting darker by each minutes and as bad as she want to stay calm she couldn't.

"How long is it gonna take,
Look at the cloud I've been sitting here for more than hour waiting for my children?"zainab say already tired of waiting.

"Then leave nah,
You so much love the children then were have you been all this months?
Now you are here acting like a caring mother, "inda kikaje karuwanchin sun koroki yanzu kin tuna kina da yaya"
Don't insult anyone here, at least we did you a favor by keeping them here for you, don't you think?"dauda one of the brothers say as the children run inside the house.

Kamal holding a large bucket of water and karimah a small one.

"Kamal."zainab call and the two children just turn looking dumbstruck at there mum.

Karimah throw the bucket away and run to there mum while kamal rush to the 30 litre drum and turn it inside before rushing to his mum.