19

TALE OF ZAINAB

CHAPTER 19

Ammar
I have never know this hospital is so far from my home, despite how reckless i drive down here it seems to take forever, i park the car and literally run out of the car leaving the door open but i don't care, i don't have time for that, i rush inside the hospital and Adil s speaking with a nurse but leave when he sees me.

"How's she?"i ask following him.

"She died."he say without a care and i chuckle.

"I hate you,
How is she doing now?"i ask as we take the left turn to hus office.

"She died,
She was brought in deceased."he say unlocking his office.

"You are joking joking right?"i ask staring at him and he shake his head.

"Unfortunately no,"he say staring at me and i was hoping he do burst into laughter and tell me it is one of his silly jokes but he just stare blankly at me.

"Where's she?i ask and he nod at me  making me to turn and head to the mortuary.

"Ammar she's dead."i hear adil yelling but i ignore him.

I walk to the end of the building and take the short walk to the mortuary.

"Open the door."i say and the man unlock it.

"Ammar!" The familiar voice call as i enter the place, there's are two body cover on a stretcher and i look deliberately.

"Ammar what's wrong with you?"Adil say dragging me away from the stretcher but i swat his hand away.
He flip open the body on the stretcher and i staggered back, i stare atthe body on the stretcher and release a heavy breathe  of relief as Adil glance back at the body.

"Ohh." He say and walk to the next stretcher and pull the cover.

I refused to look back at the stretcher Adil pull the cover, my eyes strained on the deceased lady laying in front of me, i feel my heart beating rapidly, the thought of zainab laying on the next stretcher death scared me, for the first time in my entire life I'm scared of something,

"She's dead."Adil voice say and i try to look but stop myself, i think doing this is going to be one of the bravest thing i will do my in my life.

"She was sexually assaulted, the people that brought hersaid they found her body laying not far from this hospital."Adil voice echo in my ear, i look at him and look down on the body on the stretcher.

My heart i think stops beating for some seconds, the first thing i notice is the bruises, she was brutally beaten, i walk to were Adil is standing and stare at her face,
my heart ache,
i feel every piece of my heart ache, my emotions tranquil because i feek incapable of feeling anything, i use my hand and touch the face, this face was once the reason i have a genuine smile on my face, i found love and lost it even before it become mine, my heart hurt and the more i stare at this face the more it hurt, i use the white cover and close her face back.

"This is not my zainab."i say trying to convince myself and Adil drag me with him out of the mortuary.

His word are incoherent to my ears they are like wheezing sound that doesn't make any meaning as we walk to my office, i enter the inner room, shutting the door on Adil ranting face  and lay on the bed.