15

"you come to carry karimah?"Ado the eldest man the family house ask and zainab nod.

"yes, karimah is my responsibility, my whole children, its barely a month since she's here but look at her, my daughter can never be a slave to you people, I am going to carry my daughter gently or forcefully."zainab say, she do already muster all the courage she can, she knows her husband relative will never want to give her back her daughter atleast not until they create a big scene.

"karimah is our responsib........................

"karimah is not your responsibility, if she is then why didn't you take responsibility of her while she was with me? why now? because you people have turn her into your maid, no matter how life has been hard to us, I have never sent my daughter to hawk but what now? you stop my daughter from going to school and started sending to hawk, I am leaving this house with my daughter and let any of you try to stop me."zainab snarl bitterly, she can see the look of puzzlements on there faces, its as if the find it rather impossible that all those words are coming out from her mouth.

"toh sai meye ki dauki yaar naki mana, itama yar Tasha zata zama kamar yayan nata"one of them say and zainab hiss dragging her daughter who's standing by one of the door in the compound.

"with your terrible upbringing I'm sure she will end up just like raliya, you are here bragging about children carry your useless daughter and be going atleast you have rid us a burden, useless woman."ado add and zainab just ignore there offensive words and leave with her daughter with son her son who refused to enter the compound and hang around the entrance hearing whatever transpiring between his mum and uncles.

"karimah.'kamal call excitedly once his mum comes out with his junior sister, he embrace making there mum to smile, the taxi driver that brought them is kind enough to wait, so zainab thank him before they hop in.

" please do you know where in this town we can get a place to rent that is cheap even though is 1bedroom?"zainab ask the taxi drive who's name he told her earlier but zainab forgot.

"like how much do you have?"he ask and zainab sigh.

"15,000 to 20,000 but we cant pay in full."zainab clarify and the taxi driver stay quiet for a while.

"there is place but I'm not sure you will like it, its in the ghetto part of the city and the house there about 8people and the bathroom is shared." he explain and zainab sigh.

"is there not any other place?" she ask and he shrug.

"its the only place I know but if you can give me your number tomorrow I can ask around and get back to you?"he suggest and zainab shake her head with a sigh.

" I don't have a phone but since its evening I want to stay in any cheap hotel with the children and by tomorrow maybe you will come and meet me there."zainab explain and he nod.

"there is one hotel down the street here, maybe you should check in there because people barely go there and I heard its cheap."the taxi driver say and zainab nod.

"okay take us there."zainab say as she glance at her children, karimah is her asleep on her brother lap which makes her release a heavy breathe of satisfaction, no matter how hard life is , she do rather be seeing her children than abandoning them because of poverty.

she turn her gaze back to the road and look at the quiet area, the car comes to a halt making her to look up at the building in there front with "lofta lodge" written boldly on the building.

"wake your sister."zainab say as she comes down from the car, she walk to the car trunk were the driver is bringing down her things.

"are you sure this place is not expensive, it looks new to me."zainab say looking at the building.