18

TALE OF ZAINAB

CHAPTER 18

"Don't you find me attractive?"Amina ask making ammar to look up from the cup of cornflakes in his hand.

"I don't know?"he answer and go back to eating his cornflakes.

"Is ut because of zainab?
Why do you love her Ammar?"Amkna ask and ammar finish the cornflakes in his mouth before looking up at amina with an exhausting sigh, they have been going on and on about this for the past 10 minutes and his eardrum are tired already.

"We don't have a reason to love someone,
Love happens Amina if we love someone beca of something then what will happen when the reason we love that person perish?
I was just on my own and zainab come with her cupid arrow and stroke it into my heart,
I can't help it I'm smitten."he say dreamily with a smile which infuriate Amina the more.

For some reason Ammar wake up happy today mybe it has to do with the dream of his secured happily ever after with zainab or the outing with zainab children, in general he just had a great day today, he didn't even go to the hospital yet he was occupied by zainab children which he find really welcoming and helpful, Amina is the one wanting to frustrate him this night, if only karimah is awake he would have stay with the little girl and pass time.

he ignore Amina look tirade and leave the bedroom with the cup in his hand, Amina can be melodramatic, 2days ago she show a blade to him threatening to kill herself whuch ammar find hilarious, someone who want to do suicide should do it and not threaten someone with it, he oush all thought about amina and head downstairs to his suprise kamal is sitting watching a movie which makes him smile.

"Good evening."kamal instantly greet when he acknowledge ammar.

"Kamal you are still awake?
Why didn't you watch movie in the room?"Ammar ask dropping the dirty cup on centre table and sit opposite kamal.

"I don't want to wake karima,
She can be a handful."kamal say, hthe teenage boy is becoming more comfortable with ammar everyday. and ammar nod,

"Karimah will start school on monday."Ammar announce making kamal to smile and kneel on the floor.

"Sir we are really thank.......

"Kamal,
Stand up, come on.
Don't you ever do that again,
How many times did i tell you not to ever thank me for anything,
So you didn't take me as you dad?
Don't ever do that again or i will be really uoset with you."Ammar say and kamal nod sitting back awkwardly on the couch.

"You are also going to school once this term end, i just don't like karimah staying home hile her mate are in school, you on the other hand it's waec you are writing, but I've make arrangements for you to start a tutorial at same school with karimah but the classes will start in 2weeks time."Ammar explain and kamal nod smiling to himself.

"Thank........you."he say even tho ammar give him a warning look.

The two stay together in the parlor,
Watching the new television series "transplant" with ammar detailing the movie from the first season in summary to the teenge boy, it's until 12:20am kamal decide he's sleepy and head upstair leaving Ammar by himself.

Laying on the bed crying silently to herself Amina stare at the alarm clock by the bed showing 1:20am yet Ammar hasn't come to bed, Ammar has always been an early bed-er bjt everything changes, her already imperfect marriage shattering into pieces, she's never going to have that happy ending with Ammar and it's all because of xainab, someone she has beem so kind to, the bedroom door and the light was turn on making her to sniff and clean her tears with the back of her hand, it's not as tho her tears will change anything, ammar doesn't just care she will never be his priority as the way she want to be.