85. The Rainy Day

Author of the book MongMon13  
Reviewer:  IR3NIC  

Title :: 5/10

It is definitely not a unique name. I do not find it special. You could try to go for a different name- perhaps a metaphor would do some justice too.

Cover :: 8/10

The cover is surely interesting and pretty. Although in my opinion, there is no need for a picture inside a picture. I feel like without that, it would have looked prettier.

Blurb :: 6/10
I cannot surely give any high mark since the content is very little but- but we armies can decipher which rainy day you are referring to- which is very gripping as I, as a reader, did want to check this book out.

Pace :: 3/10

The pace until the ‘kiss’ scene was slow, but then the kiss seemed suddenly out of nowhere- then the story collects speed into reasons why they would enjoy the kiss. My suggestion is that you should have taken that slow by spreading it out to a few more chapters.

Concept and Plot :: 2/10

It is a derived narrative of what Jimin explained in a run BTS episode. There was not something that was unique or uncalled for. Although, plus marks for trying.

Characters Development :: 2/10

Like I said, the pace is not persuasive, so the characters are. A sudden kiss, then teasings- I feel like there is a huge room for more character-building.

Grammar and Vocabulary :: 8/10

Prior Punctuation was missing in several sentences. Otherwise, your grammar was sufficient.

Writing style :: 5/10

The pace here is enough of a drawback to suppress the emotions as well. Adding to the small chapters, I can see your efforts in your writing and I expected a lot. You do not have to repeat everything when a character is recalling what happened.

The readers may skip the paragraphs and may unknowingly skip trivial information. And please maintain the number of words per chapter as it too may help you maintain the pace.

Overall impression :: 2/10

Not going to lie, but it seemed like an excuse you gave it to yourself in the name of writing a story. I feel like you have the ability to write great novels. Plan a thrilling plot and lay it out thoroughly. You have got the skills. Why hesitate? Don’t give up on writing and do not quit on huge commitments without even trying. I may be wrong, but I just wanted to tell you.

Rate the book :: 4/10

It was a nice read but I am not sure if I would share this book with my friends. Good luck with your future projects. Hwaiting!

Total :: 45/100

●○●○●○●○●○●

Make sure you thank your reviewer for their hard work and follow them to appreciate their work.

𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙆 𝙔𝙊𝙐