84. Eternally Unheard?

Author of the book bangtanrewinds

Reviewer: IR3NIC     

Title :: 10/10

The title is so subtle and convincing. It has this persuasive melancholic vibe that makes me want to read the book already. Excellent choice

Cover :: 7/10

It is pretty! I love the font, although, in my opinion, I would suggest you remove the highlights on Jin’s face (the one on his cheeks and near his ears). I feel like without them, the cover would look much better.

Description :: 10/10
Like the title, the blurb is very persuasive and warm. I could feel Jin’s yearnings here. It is beautifully written.

Pace :: 10/10

For the pace, it’s seamless, as if like a wave, it has a grippy flow.

Concept and Plot :: 5/10

Stories like this are not certainly unheard of- I am sorry, but maybe if Jin was not a ghost, I would have given full marks for the criterion. Honestly, Jin, being a ghost, became such a letdown- almost draining up all hope. When the light bringer himself cannot suffice in this world, how can his letters bring light? The story quickly diluted into hopelessness. Life is indeed, yes, full of mishaps and good things, but I wish it had a hopeful ending.

Characters Development :: 7/10

Even if Yuha possibly sees Jin, it did not come as a surprise as my mind got hold of the possible reason- hallucination. Jin coming off as a ghost did not surprise me as well- but with my beliefs or you know- assumptions of a ghost- I quite cannot believe that ghosts can write. Are they not transparent and just a soul? This brings me to the original suggestion I gave. If- If Jin was still living, he could have given a wonderful life to Yuha. If Jin was so in love with Yuha, so selflessly in love with Yuha (which now may appear selfish of me as a reader or as Yuha), even with all that pain, he should have held back.

1. How did he die?
2. How can he die?

All those hopes lost just cause she went to jail? And now I feel it’s selfish of Jin to ask her to live when he could not face the adversities of life.

Grammar and Vocabulary :: 10/10

It was clean. There was not a heavy wash of advanced and fancy words. It was simple- and hence could easily grasp the readers onto reading it further.

Writing style :: 10/10

Your writing style is impeccable. It knows how to tune the readers into reading further while casting a melancholic vibe all along- having the readers move their heads to the way the story is.

Overall impression :: 7/10

I am never a huge fan of angst stories as I find them make me unnecessarily miserable. I do know however, reading angst when you are feeling sad makes you relate to the story very easily as you want to have a companion you can relate to; hence a reader is naturally drawn to reading it more and further in hopes of getting some sort of comfort from the characters (my theory-).

The tragedy is meant to have a bad ending, yes. Had I completed the story the day I commented- ‘I would read again later’ I would have become more heartbroken since coming to it now- the story ‘indeed’ ended hopelessly. This led me to think, why can’t tragedy also highlight the happiness in one’s story? Why coat it with such dullness that now you need a bucket of ice creams and tissue? Overall

Book rating :: 7/10

I would surely recommend it to my friends. It was a nice read. Thank You for writing it <3

Total :: 83/100

●○●○●○●○●○●

Make sure you thank your reviewer for their hard work and follow them to appreciate their work.

𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙉𝙆 𝙔𝙊𝙐