[ His first kill ]

I successfully hacked the Metropolitan Police Agency's system, and now Alpha's team has complete access to the police records without getting caught.

I've been checking it for a week to know if the information there is updated. And it is; all the tasks assigned to my team are uploaded there the day before we're informed by our boss. So know I'm walking to the Agency with the next task on mind.

— We're participating in the arrest of a rapist. Isn't that exciting? — Kogami said as we waited for the other two officers to arrive at the patrol we're using.

— Yes, it is~ — I already knew it by hand. — They even gave us guns and all. — I say as I adjust the bulletproof vest on my sides.

— Hey, newbies! — One of the two officers walking towards us greets us. — You're driving your own patrol. — He threw the car keys to Shinya. — Four is too much on a single car. You'll follow our car behind.

Shin and I exchanged excited looks.

I know what I do when I'm off the police uniform, but sometimes I just forget about it and like the routine I would've had if I were meant to have an ordinary life.

— I drive first and you on our way back. What about that? — I ask him.
— Me first. — He starts to walk towards the second patrol.
— Bitch. — I say when we're finally inside the car.

We were meant to follow the suspect around the whole day.

The man that goes by the name of Lim Yujeon follows a pair of girls during the day. A readhead from her university classes to the library and waits there for around 90 minutes before leaving the library and taking a bus around the corner.

There in the bus stop waits a blonde girl, maybe younger than the library girl, but the man waits beside her and takes the same route as her. She chose to eat near the bus stop, and the man followed along, sitting three tables away from the lady, near the window, so we were able to watch over them.

All of these occurred in around five hours, so now it is 7 o'clock, and we're parked down the same street of the restaurant where the girl and the suspect are.

Kogami and I are sitting inside the patrol, sharing some hamburgers.

— This is taking so long. — He said, munching on a french fry.

— I feel like this was just a task to get rid of us. — I sigh out, laying my head over his shoulder.
— If in the next minutes there's nothing exciting, I'll drive us to the nearest karaoke.

I laughed, but we saw how the girl and her companion bid goodbye, taking different paths and the suspect following her right after.

From the rearview mirror, I see the girl walking down two blocks and then getting inside a five floor building.

— She's home now. — We wait for the stalker to leave, but he walks the exact same way, takes a few minutes on the door and when it looks like he's gonna give up on breaking in, the door gives in and he, with the happiest face, enters the building too. — Shin...

— I saw it too. Let me call these... — He takes the radio on the car board and presses a button, to get in contact with the superiors that were supposed to watch over us during the arrest. — Patrol 6-1-3 calling Patrol 5-0-2.

No response, just a faint white noise.

— Patrol 5-0-2? — No response again. — This is intern Kogami Shinya calling from Patrol 6-1-3, we've been following a suspect of harassment from his house to the victim's house, he has broken in, we're about to proceed and arrest the man.