𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

Start from the beginning

"That's borderline madness," she giggles, giving me a disapproving stare after.

"That's right, because I'm fucking insane for you. And I'm willing to lose my entire mind completely if it means that I get to love you the way you should be loved." I kissed her gently, rubbing my hand down the crevice of her back.

"Ky, you're so sweet. I love you, don't forget that while you're gone," she whispered, running her finger against my cheek.

"Never. I'll be counting down the minutes until I get back to you, baby." I murmured deeply and after a bit more kissing, I finally drove to the restaurant I had chosen to dine at with Steve.

When I parked in an empty spot, I found him sitting at the table we had reserved outside the restaurant, probably having an espresso macchiato. It never changes.

He looked very poised and elegant, casually but strategically seated in his chair as he read something from a newspaper. Steve was still so ruggedly handsome from society's perspective and he attracted a large amount of women. It didn't help that he was extremely wealthy.

He had generously passed the beauty gene down to me and I was praying that I would never become like him at any point in my life.

I locked my car then walked over to him, settling silently in the opposite chair and through my tinted glasses, I noticed him look up with so much relief and happiness. He must have thought I had changed my mind. Well you kinda had but—

"You made it, Kylen. I appreciate it." He looked very solemn and sober, I failed to identify him as the man who had emotionally scarred my mother repeatedly.

I lifted my hand slightly to signal the waiter, and they were at my service in a second. I ordered a glass of water to get us started. I would have gone for alcohol but I wanted to be sober enough to hear and store everything he had to say.

He couldn't see my eyes so I raised my brow to encourage him to start speaking. This better be good or else I'll drive off.

"It was a Friday night," he started, placing his paper down with a sigh, "when my father arranged a marriage."

My face contorted in shock because I couldn't help it, but I was still attentive.

"I was only twenty five, and your mother was twenty-three at the time. And on the night your grandfather told me about the arranged marriage to strengthen his connections and pay off a huge debt, I had proposed to my high school sweetheart." He sighed again, sipping his drink before continuing.

"I met your mother for the first time, on our wedding day because it was such a short notice. They told me the night before so that I wouldn't take any action to stop the procession, like booking a flight to run away.

"So we had to get married. She was just as confused and upset as I was, mentioning that she had to give up her five year relationship to marry me. So even though we got married, we decided not to be physical and secretly continue with our normal lives," he clasped his hands together.

"It was all good at first, until our parents decided that we move and start our new life afresh in Germany. They must have sensed that we weren't committed to each other and that we were romantically involved with other people. So we had to move here, and at first, it was so hard to cope without any family or friends here. We had to build our life from scratch and the family expected some heirs from us." He shook his head slightly.

"So after like a year, we had gotten familiar with each other. We spent quite a lot of time together, cooked, talked, shopped and basically did everything together. Regardless of that, I didn't have feelings for your mother, but she had developed some for me. I hadn't gotten over my high-school sweetheart of ten years and it was hard for me to let it all go, I was honest with her about it.