Nineteen

Popping my head out of the bathroom "Demetri?" He hums from his spot on the bed as I stare at him "You know hoe some artists do a focus on Life Drawings?"

"Yes" he turns a page in his book

Walking out of the bathroom in my silk robe, a sketch pad and pencil with me "I asked Felix earlier today"

"Why were you talking with another male?" He demands looking up at me, his eyes black with rage. He's before me instantly.

"I was asking about you" poking his chest "you dope...well Felix told me you are quite the artist yourself"

"What's going on?" He asks

"Felix said" I say "that you use to sketch Life Drawings" he nods his head and I hand him the stretch pad and pencil, he takes them confused. My god he's so stupid sometimes "that you stopped one day, I'd like to know why by the way but first" untying my robe, it drops and I'm completely naked before Demetri.

His eyes that were once black with rage is now black with lust "My muse" taking my hand leading me to an armchair. Sitting down, he has me lean back. My legs bent and when he goes to spread them by having my feet be on the arm rests, I go to close my legs but he stops me.

"No one" I say "has ever"

Smirking "I had a feeling, which is why I want to do a sketch of you as your innocent self then one after when we made love" blushing, I take a deep breath before showing a part of myself that I've never shown anyone to. But to be a tad bit more relaxed and comfortable I move my arm so that it's behind my head.

My other arm is draped around my midsection lazy "So, how long have you been sketching or how long has it been since you sketched?"

"About three hundred years" he says "I first started when I was a few years past my newborn days, once I realized that immortality was my new life now and accepted it"

"How old were you when you were turned?" Demetri sits down on the couch with his legs out as he stares at me before beginning the sketch.

"Twenty Three, my creator Amun was visiting Greece" he tells me "before immortality, I was a thief. I stole from the wrong person, Amun—he saw something in me so he turned me" I try to think of an Amun in the Volturi but can't come up with anything.

"Is Amun from another coven, nomad or"

"He is, the Egyptian Coven" assuring me he isn't dead "he's the leader and currently the oldest vampire of our time since he's over three thousand years old" wow, that is old.

"So you were once part of the Egyptian Coven?" I ask

He nods his head "Me along with a few other members, the Egyptian coven use to be the government alongside the Greek Coven. When the Greek Coven fell it was just my old coven, the Volturi soon overthrew them after defeating the Romanian Coven" sounds like countries going to war over one another "the Volturi have been in power since"

"Why did you leave the Egyptian Coven?" I ask

He's silent "Chelsea" please tell me he didn't fuck her "Chelsea has this power to manipulate emotional ties to someone" What? I didn't know this? Has she been using her power on me? "Aro has her use her gift on coven members to make sure none leave—what's wrong?"

"Has she been using her gift on me?" I ask, he stops to look at me.

"I wish I could say yes" he says "but I don't know"

Bitting my lip "She better not have been" he stares at me "you don't piss off a witch, especially one who has anger issues since she's part werewolf"

"For her sake and Afton's" he nods his head "I hope not too"

"Sounds lonely" I say, he raises his eyebrow as he works "Chelsea. If she uses her gift all the time then how can she even tell if someone wants to be her friend because they want to be? Also shame on Aro for doing that, having her use her gift all the time"

"Her gift fades on a person if they haven't been exposed to her in a long time" he says

"Has she...has she ever used her gift to break mated pairs?" I ask

He nods his head "Dydime, Marcus's mate. They wished to leave the Volturi to be nomads but Ark didn't want Marcus to leave since he has a gift for seeing bonds. So he had Chelsea use his gift, Marcus ended up killing Dydime"

"Like death death?" I ask

Shaking his head no "There was this fire in her room, ended up destroying her and Marcus well turned into his depressed self as you see today"

"And Aro doesn't try to end his misery" I say, I think about this "If Aro attempts to control me I'm making sure he can't touch his mate" Demetri looks up from his sketch "I'm serious, if he attempts to touch his mate she'll have this wave of pain that will go over her making her feel like how she once went through the transition from human to vampire. Do you think I can meet him?"

"Meet who?" He asks

"Amun"

"You want to meet him?" He asks "Why?"

"He's your dad kind of" I say "plus how long has it been since you've seen him? Was your relationship with him a good one?"

"It was" nodding his head "I haven't spoken to him in centuries...I don't know how he'll feel about seeing me"

"You won't know until you try" I say "besides, you've met two of my crazy family members" reminding him of Hope and Aunt Bex "and they aren't the craziest ones in my family, do you think we could extend our vacation to meet him?"

"Sure" he nods his head

Though there is uncertainty in his face "What's wrong?"

"I don't know how things will go" he says "between Amun and I"

"Is Amun one to threaten people?" I ask, he shakes his head no "let me tell you about my dad when he was alive and a guy I was thinking about dating" he growls "just listen. I was about twelve? Thirteen? One of the two, well when I brought up crushes do you know how my dad reacted meeting my crush? My dad ripped his spine out and wore it as a necklace"

"How old" he asks

"He was fourteen, my crush and a vampire" I explain "this was during the days my dad ripped peoples hearts out and ate them" Demetri stares at me flabbergasted "what?"

"The way you just so casually said that" waving his hand to me "does anyone else in your family eat hearts?" I think about it and he curses.

"If it makes you feel better" I say "I've only ever eaten two hearts and it was in my wolf form and my Uncle Kol takes pleasure in chopping people up"